Leicester Fans clash with Spanish Police

Bunch of shithouses Madrid coppers, get their panties wet because English football fans are in town.

You get Spanish lads stealthily knifing Brits/Irish and slipping away before seen on the Costa an all. Cowardly streak exists with some when we're there in numbers - odd.

True enough but while Leicester fans on the whole are pretty decent they do have one of this countries more ****y fan contigents, so I think it's safe to assume any action by Spanish police wasn't entirely unprovoked.

Does this happen often as I cant find any reports ?
Some guy was interviewed about it on Costa Del Street crime when that was on (he mighta wrote some books surrounding such issues or was an investigator/researcher of some kind). They filmed an Irishman walking about repeatedly shouting at police "they fokkin' stabbed me" - his was a back wound but his mate/another guy was losing blood fast and didn't look in a good way. Common occurrence according to that guy, typically small knives where you might not notice you'd been stabbed at first in some situations.

After having 36 years of being ruled by Franco who clamped down on any opposition with extreme violence, their police force is ingrained with a strike first ask questions later attitude.

I'm surprised that some seem to be doubting these reports. The Madrid police have a reputation for heavy handed policing to say the least. I've seen it with my own eyes when Bolton played Atletico in the UEFA Cup.

A van with blacked out windows full of military police was crawling around the city centre, when they saw a group of supporters doing nothing more than walking across the road, singing football songs, the van doors opened and they piled out and literally started battering anyone within swinging distance of their batons.

This is what happened outside the ground before the game:

I'm surprised that some seem to be doubting these reports. The Madrid police have a reputation for heavy handed policing to say the least. I've seen it with my own eyes when Bolton played Atletico in the UEFA Cup.

A van with blacked out windows full of military police was crawling around the city centre, when they saw a group of supporters doing nothing more than walking across the road, singing football songs, the van doors opened and they piled out and literally started battering anyone within swinging distance of their batons.

This is what happened outside the ground before the game:

Me too, especially after what happened in Madrid to our own fans last season and the many posts about it on here. It's ingrained in Spanish police culture, and Madrid police in particular, and I didn't quite realise how much they go in for unprovoked attacks until I found myself on the receiving end on the concourse at the Bernabeu last season for committing the cardinal sin of attempting to get to my seat.

I would add that it's not just football matches where this happens at either - a mate of mine worked with a Spanish guy from Madrid for a few years and according to him the locals are only too aware of how the police behave at large crowd gatherings - in short, the police will look for a riot and if they can't find one they'll orchestrate one themselves.

UEFA fine Manchester City €50,000 due to Leicester having the word City in their team name.....

UEFA fine Manchester City €50,000 due to Leicester having the word City in their team name.....
That's on top of our €6bn fine for causing the bombing in Dortmund yesterday by not knocking Monaco out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.