Leicester Fans clash with Spanish Police

Just read up on this now it seems clear. Do they do this to opposite spanish fans or just us?
Yes they do. After the match last year I couldn't be arsed getting batoned all the way back to the centre so slipped into a bar full of Madrid fans. One spoke good English and said that if there are no opposition fans around the twats aren't adverse to battering Madrid fans.

Worst foreign police (if you call them that) I've seen by a long way.

Everyone.
Who is supposed to hold the buggers to account because it does not seem the chief copper has any issues with it. In fact it looks like he gives the order to crack a few skulls himself.

If it is kicking off proper fair enough put your shit kickers on but all the reports seem to be of groups getting steamed into by riot police, With terrorism these days they will no doubt sadly get a few chances do their job and control crowds but no need for the wanton violence doled out.

My ideal is in a square at a designated bar have the cops sat across the way chilling out sure, have the head copper go to the groups head chaps and say 'ok you guys be good and leave us to chat the shit and have an easy night and we will give you no hassle, make us get up and all bets are off and officer Pablo recently caught his wife cheating with an englishman, did i mention he has killed 5 men, you can see him there, that 7ft guy holding the 8ft baton with nails in it'. You get the point, basically a bit more interaction between the two sets before the festivities start so both know the ground rules for that bar at that day.

They were always like this. In 1968 I went to Ringway with my grandparents to collect my mum and dad from the rags' European Cup semi final. The arrivals gate was like a casualty ward with the injured fans coming back with black eyes, arms in slings and even, as I recall a broken leg all after clashes with the Madrid police. Even as an 8 year old, how I laughed.

Yes they do. After the match last year I couldn't be arsed getting batoned all the way back to the centre so slipped into a bar full of Madrid fans. One spoke good English and said that if there are no opposition fans around the twats aren't adverse to battering Madrid fans.

Worst foreign police (if you call them that) I've seen by a long way.

Glad you got away boss, some of the images show the coppers going balls out with their swinging those flexible kosh things, they must hurt like fuck. That is crazy they will have a bash at their own. Is it so bad it is part of the reason away fans do not travel well in Spain or just cultural and distance/cash related?

Who is supposed to hold the buggers to account because it does not seem the chief copper has any issues with it. In fact it looks like he gives the order to crack a few skulls himself.

If it is kicking off proper fair enough put your shit kickers on but all the reports seem to be of groups getting steamed into by riot police, With terrorism these days they will no doubt sadly get a few chances do their job and control crowds but no need for the wanton violence doled out.

My ideal is in a square at a designated bar have the cops sat across the way chilling out sure, have the head copper go to the groups head chaps and say 'ok you guys be good and leave us to chat the shit and have an easy night and we will give you no hassle, make us get up and all bets are off and officer Pablo recently caught his wife cheating with an englishman, did i mention he has killed 5 men, you can see him there, that 7ft guy holding the 8ft baton with nails in it'. You get the point, basically a bit more interaction between the two sets before the festivities start so both know the ground rules for that bar at that day.

Hah, not going to happen without some serious political will, they've been getting away with it for years. You should see the Sevilla police on derby day, they just hit anything that moves regardless of age or gender.

Hah, not going to happen without some serious political will, they've been getting away with it for years. You should see the Sevilla police on derby day, they just hit anything that moves regardless of age or gender.

I don't get how their political masters do not feel any embarrassment about it, i mean they are a modern western country but whip the weapons out like some rogue south american police death squad haha, honest i find it pretty amazing it is seemingly so accepted. It certainly does not show the police as a professional outfit more a group of lads fucking around having a good laugh at others painful expense.

We are no angels all the time but in comparison, well there is no comparison, we do properly bollock some of ours who go over the top, their own colleagues do it to a good extent, self moderation within their group or similar. If some of those pictures were our coppers they would be suspended and getting ripped to bits in the press i reckon.

I don't get how their political masters do not feel any embarrassment about it, i mean they are a modern western country but whip the weapons out like some rogue south american police death squad haha, honest i find it pretty amazing it is seemingly so accepted. It certainly does not show the police as a professional outfit more a group of lads fucking around having a good laugh at others painful expense.
It's down to the ultras mate, every club has an affiliation with either right or left wing and when you get clubs from opposite sides meeting there's a lot of organised violence. Since there's only one way the Spanish know of dealing with that shite and that's battering everyone within 5 miles, the police get away with it as there's nearly always some incident they can point to for justification. So we'd go to the Betis-Sevilla game, some nobs would smash up a cafe or have a huge row 3 miles over and if we didn't hear about it in time to get into the stadium or an indoor bar we'd get hit with a baton rush despite doing fuck all wrong.

From what I've seen, it looks like the English fans have been their usual, charming selves and the Spanish Police have been their usual, understanding selves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.