Leicester parking

Discussion in 'Ticket and travel exchange' started by markblue, 24 Oct 2017.

1. markblue

markblue

hi
    not sure yet how travelling to Leicester, any suggestions for parking near-ish to the ground?

2. blue corby

blue corby

Wouldn't park to near the ground as they now close the roads off till the fans have cleared. If your there early there is street parking around the big park near the train station then it's about 10-15 min walk to the stadium.

3. casserole of nonsense

casserole of nonsense

Masses of safe parking on the side streets off east side of Narborough Road. Avoids ring road traffic, 20 minute walk, pubs on the route.

4. mike4210

mike4210

Holiday Inn - 15min walk then straight onto A50 to M1 and beyond

5. harborough manc

harborough manc

Logistic genius
    Hi . I live not far away and have parked at freeman’s common. A few times. If you want a quick getaway I would not recommend. Try street parking near De Montfort Hall.

6. Eds

Eds

Anyone ever parked around Watkin Road off Upperton Rd is it permit only. Or Welford Rd has parking on a first come first served basis and that also avoids the road closures. I parked in car park last year just down the road from the Holiday Inn and it was 30 minutes before they lets us out. Apparently Leicester fans can'w walk on the pavements so they close the only way in and out until it is clear!