Leicester Post Match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't agree, yes they were good we were very poor. This is where decisions such as Sterling's penalty v Everton and the blatant one on Aguero away at Leicester costs you.

No doubt Leicester have also had bad decisions-to use that as an excuse doesn't wear mate. They are a very very good side , when you see them in the flesh you realise what a well organised side they are-simple give and goes saw them waltz through our midfield, we simply are not good enough mate and that's with the squad we have. You cant buy what they have-the will to run and run, fast on the counter. They fucking embarrassed us in our own back yard.

Be very refreshing if they won it, Norwich got close all those years ago only for Cantona to change it at Carrow Road-the days when Norwich turned over Bayern at the old Olympic stadium.

Whilst there have been several poor performances this season from City, this game was probably one of the worst performances I've seen in the last few years. We weren't even in the game and it was frustrating considering how blatant Leicester's game plan was and how the whole world knew exactly how they'd turn up and play.

I've said several times that teams will figure Leicester out and they'll struggle. But it's poor management, and also poor performances that are allowing them to keep doing what they're doing. Leicester don't like the ball for more than a few minutes. They like to attack with pace and commit few players forward to ensure defensive solidity. Vardy is one of, if not the quickest player in the league. Mahrez, Albrighton etc also have plenty of pace. So Pellegrini picks Zabaleta, Otamendi, Demichelis and Kolarov as a back four?! That's one of his worst decisions yet. The slowest possible back four he could have managed. I know we've had injuries but at least by having Clichy and Sagna on we'd have some pace in order to better cope with their counter attacks. Instead Pellegrini wanted Fernandinho to cover the centre backs but with their width that left us far too exposed when our full backs were high up the pitch.

It's not just Pellegrini's poor tactics though. The players were abysmal. It left me feeling like we'd just seen the end of an era. We've been talking about whether Silva and Yaya are good enough, Demi is also ready to put his feet up but it actually looked like Yaya and Silva were done at this level. I'm hoping that's not the case with Silva but he was so ineffective. Leicester just muscled him off the ball time and time again. When wide he was too narrow and threatened little, when central Leicester just treated him like he was a little boy. It's the first time I've seen him look human on a football pitch. I'm hoping he just had an off day.

Yaya played one time passes back to our centre backs. When he spread the ball wide to Zabaleta, we had no winger there for an overlap and it was just so easy. We can blame injuries for a lot of it. No De Bruyne or Navas meant we were always going to be fairly lop sided. But we knew how Leicester would set up and we allowed them to do it so easily. We need to be smarter than that.

With Pep he'll expect us to keep the ball so well they never get a chance to counter. And 99 times out of 100 that will be the case. It's how he'd done things with Barca and Bayern. The games where they've been sloppy in possession include that drubbing by Real where they gave the ball away and were picked off as we were on Saturday.

It's a huge game this weekend. Win that and if Arsenal win we're back in it. Plus it's a huge confidence boost. The trouble is, Spurs have a young dynamic midfield and we just can't cope with that at all.

It's hard to comment on the game without getting emotional about the result or the way in which we were humbled by Leicester. Let's remember that this is not just Leicester, this is top of the league Leicester who have dismantled most teams in the league this season. They are not there because the rest of the league has played particularly badly, they are there because they deserve to be (at the moment).

The Game itself showed they had more desire and the tactics used were spot on. We had a lack of ideas and presence on the pitch and some of our players looked exhausted.

If any team deserved to win the league this year it is Leicester. They have had some luck with their lack of injured players especially compared to us but lets not take away from them what a cracking job they have done this season. If we don't do it then I would happily accept them as champions.

I am still firmly in the 'we can still win the league' camp and can't wait for them to lose away at the swamp seeing us go top. There's a lot of football to be played yet and shock results still to come. The difference that Vinnie will make simply being on the pitch soon will drag us limping over the line as Champions IMO.

Butland? Schmichel? Not quite sure why you hate Hart so much but your talking complete and utter rubbish. Hart is as good as Lloris and Cech. Only De Gea has a slight edge. Possibly Forster. No other keeper is exposed by the suicidal defensive schemes that our manager employs. 4 one on one saves yesterday. 7 against Liverpool in November. There is only two reasons we are anywhere near a chance of the title and they are Joe and Sergio.
I don't hate Hart at all seems a top bloke and seems to actually care as I have said brilliant one on one's and it must be a nightmare playing in front of that back 4. I think the original post said he was the best keeper in the PL i just don't think he is and given reasons why. Oddly you seem to agree and have even thrown Forster in as a better keeper (really?) so I don't know where you are coming from.

Whilst there have been several poor performances this season from City, this game was probably one of the worst performances I've seen in the last few years. We weren't even in the game and it was frustrating considering how blatant Leicester's game plan was and how the whole world knew exactly how they'd turn up and play.

I've said several times that teams will figure Leicester out and they'll struggle. But it's poor management, and also poor performances that are allowing them to keep doing what they're doing. Leicester don't like the ball for more than a few minutes. They like to attack with pace and commit few players forward to ensure defensive solidity. Vardy is one of, if not the quickest player in the league. Mahrez, Albrighton etc also have plenty of pace. So Pellegrini picks Zabaleta, Otamendi, Demichelis and Kolarov as a back four?! That's one of his worst decisions yet. The slowest possible back four he could have managed. I know we've had injuries but at least by having Clichy and Sagna on we'd have some pace in order to better cope with their counter attacks. Instead Pellegrini wanted Fernandinho to cover the centre backs but with their width that left us far too exposed when our full backs were high up the pitch.

It's not just Pellegrini's poor tactics though. The players were abysmal. It left me feeling like we'd just seen the end of an era. We've been talking about whether Silva and Yaya are good enough, Demi is also ready to put his feet up but it actually looked like Yaya and Silva were done at this level. I'm hoping that's not the case with Silva but he was so ineffective. Leicester just muscled him off the ball time and time again. When wide he was too narrow and threatened little, when central Leicester just treated him like he was a little boy. It's the first time I've seen him look human on a football pitch. I'm hoping he just had an off day.

Yaya played one time passes back to our centre backs. When he spread the ball wide to Zabaleta, we had no winger there for an overlap and it was just so easy. We can blame injuries for a lot of it. No De Bruyne or Navas meant we were always going to be fairly lop sided. But we knew how Leicester would set up and we allowed them to do it so easily. We need to be smarter than that.

With Pep he'll expect us to keep the ball so well they never get a chance to counter. And 99 times out of 100 that will be the case. It's how he'd done things with Barca and Bayern. The games where they've been sloppy in possession include that drubbing by Real where they gave the ball away and were picked off as we were on Saturday.

It's a huge game this weekend. Win that and if Arsenal win we're back in it. Plus it's a huge confidence boost. The trouble is, Spurs have a young dynamic midfield and we just can't cope with that at all.

This

I could've commented much earlier. Very uninspiring performance and the worst for a couple of seasons.
We've racked up 6 losses already and the title is slipping out of our hands.

I don't hate Hart at all seems a top bloke and seems to actually care as I have said brilliant one on one's and it must be a nightmare playing in front of that back 4. I think the original post said he was the best keeper in the PL i just don't think he is and given reasons why. Oddly you seem to agree and have even thrown Forster in as a better keeper (really?) so I don't know where you are coming from.
Fair enough. Must have grabbed the wrong handle (as usual).
Forster seems to be be the bionic man since his comeback. His performances against West Ham and Arsenal were simply phenomenal.

Do you like anything about our club or players? everything you post is scathing
Not sure about that. "Rags playing well" "Rags would beat us if we played them tomorrow" you sound rag obsessed to me. Its about opinions, you have your rag obsessed opinion I have mine.

Not sure about that. "Rags playing well" "Rags would beat us if we played them tomorrow" you sound rag obsessed to me. Its about opinions, you have your rag obsessed opinion I have mine.
Err we were watching and commentating on the rag and chav's game at the time lol
Whilst you are searching my posts you will see i don't call our players or manager cunts but you do that's why i asked the question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.