Leonardo Bonucci

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Hirst reckons we are only prepared to spend £25m on Bonucci...one of the best defenders in the world, in his prime.

(It's written in the article photographed)

Paul Hirst reckons we are only prepared to spend £25m on Bonucci...one of the best defenders in the world, in his prime.

(It's written in the article photographed)

I'd have preferred we bring in Bonucci over Stones and hope Denayer can be molded into a home grown ball playing CB. Trouble is Juve would have wanted the same price we are paying for Stones, neither of them should be that much but the market it crazy these days and they know there's a chance people might pay it if desperate enough.

Out of Bonucci and Stones I'm not quite certain who'd be more money well spent for £50m, if Stones becomes the player he could be any time soon then fantastic that's a CB position sorted for years to come but with Bonucci there are no ifs you are buying proven talent and experience of the highest caliber allbeit for a shorter time.

Last edited:
I'd have preferred we bring in Bonucci over Stones and hope Denayer can be molded into a home grown ball playing CB. Trouble is Juve would have wanted the same price we are paying for Stones, neither of them should be that much but the market it crazy these days and they know there's a chance people might pay it if desperate enough.

I trust Pep's judgement of Stones. I'm sure he can add the physicality and eliminate the lapses in concentration. And in a couple of years we'll have our own rock solid ball playing CB.

I like the idea of only getting one CB though. Keep Mangala and Denayer and let them fight it out.

Kompany, Otamendi, Stones and either Denayer or Mangala. Good enough IMO.

I trust Pep's judgement of Stones. I'm sure he can add the physicality and eliminate the lapses in concentration. And in a couple of years we'll have our own rock solid ball playing CB.

I like the idea of only getting one CB though. Keep Mangala and Denayer and let them fight it out.

That's a good shout but there will be some moaning we should sell Manga to reap some of the £42m back, which will always go against him, that's the problem with these fees it's so much harder for fans, press and haters alike to show patience when it's required. It was the same with Sterling and I saw it coming before we signed(well it was more of a concern than a prediction), I've never been one to get on Sterling's back despite that though and I think he'll do well under Pep.

It would be if there was the slightest indication that Kompany might stay fit for longer than 5 minutes. As recent history suggests that's unlikely though, I'd rather we bought another top quality centre half (and leader) and let one of the others go, preferably Mangler....

id get both bonnuci and stones if we could.....sell mangala.....listening to Peps press conference, Mangala doesn't fit what pep wants...he isn't a ball playing centre half...I don't think Mangala is anywhere near as bad as he has been made out and i think he suffered a lot cause of Mp's tactics and having to sometimes play with Kolorov, but Im not sure he has the ability with the ball at his feet to do what Pep wants

Bonnuci Vinnie Sontes and Otto would be as good as any team in world football as far as choice of centre halves

however i think we will end up with stones...i too cant see Juventus letting both pogba and Bonnuci go in one transfer window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.