Leonardo Bonucci

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope we get Bonucci. A leader & class player.

He will also be able to pass on his knowledge to others.

Re-sale value is not everything.

Pretty sure he's talking about City here, rather than Chelsea:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-tempted-Pep-Guardiola-s-Manchester-City.html

Suggests that we came close to landing him.
Interesting. He's the player I wanted more than any other this summer. Given his age and the way our CBs have have started it's unlikely it will ever happen now. It would be interesting to know whether we were in for either Bonucci or Stones or both. With hindsight, if it was one or the other, I wouldn't swap Stones for him now.

I think we were always after two centre halves this summer. Interest turned to Bonucci after Laporte turned us down. Stones was always going to happen regardless.

Laporte. Thought I'd read we would go back in For him.

In fairness Otamendi & Stones partnership is developing nicely. Still have Tosin & Denayer.

Maybe we were willing to let Otamendi go but Pep sees his "qualities" now.

Don't think letting Otamendi go was ever part of the plans, with doubts remaining over Kompany's fitness. Think the Bonucci boat has sailed, but wouldn't be surprised if we went back in for Laporte next summer.

Pep Guardiola: "Kolarov has been fantastic (at CB)."

Pep Guardiola: “It’s difficult to find a better central defender than Aleksander Kolarov."

I think after Kolarov performance at CB, we don't need another CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.