Leonardo Bonucci

Status
Not open for further replies.
As good as he is 50 mil plus for a 29 year old is a lot of dough
Doubt he would be available in January, next summer he'd be 30, think we would more likely go back for Laporte. Trouble is with the exchange rate what was £50mill (70 mill euros) at the end of last season is probably well over £60mill at the end of this season. Apparently Ozil and Sanchez have both asked for more because of the Euro rate, so wages could be more expensive as well.

Doubt he would be available in January, next summer he'd be 30, think we would more likely go back for Laporte. Trouble is with the exchange rate what was £50mill (70 mill euros) at the end of last season is probably well over £60mill at the end of this season. Apparently Ozil and Sanchez have both asked for more because of the Euro rate, so wages could be more expensive as well.

Yeah...I don't have a problem with us spending daft money on anyone under 25...at least we would get nearly a decade out of them if they are decent..but 50 mil for a 29/30 year old who's legs could theoretically go at any given time is just bat shit bonkers to me...and I really rate Bonucci

Would rather invest big money in a young CB like Gimenez, maybe even back for Laporte? (in the summer that is)

Gimenez not really a Pep centreback. Brilliant positionally, in the air and agressive, but his weakness is definitely on the ball playing side of things.

I doubt a club who does business mostly with clubs in Europe, and has turnover north of £400m a year doesn't keep some money in €. I can't imagine the strength of the pound will mean much except make better headlines when we do sign someone for €70m.

I doubt a club who does business mostly with clubs in Europe, and has turnover north of £400m a year doesn't keep some money in €. I can't imagine the strength of the pound will mean much except make better headlines when we do sign someone for €70m.
No doubt we do, and hopefully when the exchange rate was better we converted some. I'm sure any Euro income could stay in Euros.But how much we could keep in a Euro bank account and how long it would last I'm not sure. That said I think it will be more of a problem for other premier league clubs more than it will for us.

Try google.

My point is money doesn't always solve problems.

The cost of Rose, Walker, Vertonghen & Alderweireld together is less than Otamendi but yet they have the best defence record so far in the league.

I don't think spending 50million on Bonucci is the right thing to do.

My point is money doesn't always solve problems.

The cost of Rose, Walker, Vertonghen & Alderweireld together is less than Otamendi but yet they have the best defence record so far in the league.

I don't think spending 50million on Bonucci is the right thing to do.
I knew exactly what your point was,hence the flippant response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.