Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to get our shopping done early for Pep it seems. Can't wait till next season if all goes well.

It's not that we have no one in the box, it's that the opposition simply have more numbers.

We are so slow in the build up that the oppositions entire team has enough time to run back, get in position and have a cup of tea before a ball heads into the box.

We need to be faster and then Navas or sterling will be looking to pick out 2 blues out of 4 or 5 players in the box, as opposed to 3 blues out of 13 bodies in the box

I think we are agreeing.

There was at least two occasions last night that we broke at pace down the wings and there was no City player in the box in support. It's alright having fast wingers breaking at pace, but if they have no one to cross to when they get to their box, then they can either cut inside or wait.

I think we are agreeing.

There was at least two occasions last night that we broke at pace down the wings and there was no City player in the box in support. It's alright having fast wingers breaking at pace, but if they have no one to cross to when they get to their box, then they can either cut inside or wait.

There was at least one occasion when a cross came into the box and we had no player in it...and had no one in midfield to stop the counter. Very bizarre

There was at least one occasion when a cross came into the box and we had no player in it...and had no one in midfield to stop the counter. Very bizarre
It was from a corner, I know exactly what moment you're referring to because I was truly shocked and confused. The ball broke to the edge of the box, where there where only Everton players and they then proceeded to go on the attack unchallenged well into our own half. How does that happen?

The problem isn't who is or is or isn't in the box but how long it is taking us to get there, at the start of the season we were breaking with pace and had the opposition on the back foot where as by the time we get into the box now they have at least 6 players back.

It was from a corner, I know exactly what moment you're referring to because I was truly shocked and confused. The ball broke to the edge of the box, where there where only Everton players and they then proceeded to go on the attack unchallenged well into our own half. How does that happen?

No idea, but it's frustrating as hell to watch. Yaya and Fernando had decent games but neither seemed to make any challenges and it was easy, as ever, to pass through our midfield.

Biggest thing I noticed is no ball winner what so ever no tackles in midfield with fernandiniho missing there's no one fit enough to win the ball it wS like basketball.

Aside from no Ferna, the way we are set up and lack of press leaves massive gaps to pass around. The last few minutes of the League Cup against Everton demonstrated it succinctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.