Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
Composure is keeping your head in the box.

Him misplacing a first time shot form a ball he had to run full speed to get on the end of does not make him uncomposed.

'Keeping your head in the box' includes watching and anticipating the drop of the ball as it comes to you and getting your body positioning right to finish.

But there are countless examples of him fluffing textbook one v ones when he has the ball at his feet if that's your metric. He did it in his debut at West Brom for fuck's sake.

Again, let's not pretend one of his greatest weaknesses is actually one of his strengths.

Some assclown on ESPN just suggested Sane was making a mistake and he should have stayed till he is 25! They also ran a piece as 'a warning to all young South American players'. Get fucked media!

Some assclown on ESPN just suggested Sane was making a mistake and he should have stayed till he is 25! They also ran a piece as 'a warning to all young South American players'. Get fucked media!
LOL! What does ESPN know about "soccer"

Completely forgot about that second one (Jesus' attempt). Couldn't believe it honestly when he scored against Everton!!

yes its amazing when the british media slaughter a 21 year old player like no player has been unjustly slaughtered before. and even before he kicks a ball for his new club we as fans can get dragged down the path of calling him shit.

its like a self-fulfilling prophecy

Give blues some credit. I doubt if any were influenced by the media.

I don't know about others tbh but my opinion of Sterling has nothing to do with the media. I saw with my own admittedly piss poor eyes that he was a mental and physical mess from the first game in preseason on. I had hoped I was wrong and he had moments that tempted me into thinking he had turned a corner but he'd soon return to be shit. I am still hoping it'll come right but there's no need to blame the media or city fans for the preEuros negativity ... He didn't deserve to go if you remember.

PS the crap that he received during and afterwards was appalling. And the social media shit before he joined. Nothing to do with the City football fan though.

Give blues some credit. I doubt if any were influenced by the media.

I don't know about others tbh but my opinion of Sterling has nothing to do with the media. I saw with my own admittedly piss poor eyes that he was a mental and physical mess from the first game in preseason on. I had hoped I was wrong and he had moments that tempted me into thinking he had turned a corner but he'd soon return to be shit. I am still hoping it'll come right but there's no need to blame the media or city fans for the preEuros negativity ... He didn't deserve to go if you remember.

PS the crap that he received during and afterwards was appalling. And the social media shit before he joined. Nothing to do with the City football fan though.

"A mental and physical mess" by what standards are you judging the guy?
He was 16th top rated player in ECL just below Kun the proposed £100 M Pogba was not even in top 100 His goals and assists total were only slightly worse then the rags former no 9 Martial who is supposedly the best young player in the world and he played less games

yes its amazing when the british media slaughter a 21 year old player like no player has been unjustly slaughtered before. and even before he kicks a ball for his new club we as fans can get dragged down the path of calling him shit.

its like a self-fulfilling prophecy

Sorry mate meant to clarify that I forgot how piss poor Navas attempt was and couldn't believe it when he finally scored against Everton. But I agree the media take it far too far and whether some of our own will admit it or not they allow that to get in their heads when evaluating the play of a player who we should be backing.

"A mental and physical mess" by what standards are you judging the guy?
He was 16th top rated player in ECL just below Kun the proposed £100 M Pogba was not even in top 100 His goals and assists total were only slightly worse then the rags former no 9 Martial who is supposedly the best young player in the world and he played less games
From the start I wondered if he was injured because he didn't seem half as fast as I was expecting and not getting stuck in as much as I thought he would. And understandably he seemed to lack confidence. I just thought that he was physically and mentally not at his peak. I hoped it'd wear off but in the end it was worse than it began.

Let's hope that in Peps hands he's as we'd all hoped for.

My point though was that we were not influenced by the media. Maybe other fans were but not blues as we were watching and hoping for the best and being ultimately disappointed in the end. I as saying to give blues credit for making their own minds up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.