Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
We offered 50mil(euros) in Jan for Sane??? The 2nd comment mentions he has a £28mil release clause hat kicks in during 2017....

City Watch ‏@City_Watch 11m11 minutes ago
'Bayern vs Pep' for Leroy Sané. City offered €50m in Jan, Schalke said no. 'Now it may be different'. [SPORT BILD]

City Watch ‏@City_Watch 13m13 minutes ago
Pep Guardiola to battle Bayern Munich for Leroy Sané. [SPORT BILD]

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2016/05/25/pep-guardiola-to-battle-bayern-munich-for-leroy-sane-sport-bild/

"Guardiola is said to be ‘hell-bent’ on signing Sané and City may flash the cash by returning to Schalke with another offer. And this time it may be different, the newspaper says. Why? Because in 2017 a €37 million (£28 million) release clause in Sané’s contract becomes active. This leaves Schalke with a dilemma: sell now or risk losing their prized possession on the cheap next summer"

CjUg51BWsAEnJLS.jpg

6 retweets7 likes

Last edited:
Bild tells that Bayern is not interested in buying Sane this summer but next and has talked with Sane and Schalke about it.

Bild tells that Bayern is not interested in buying Sane this summer but next and has talked with Sane and Schalke about it.
That's nice. Good forward planning. Looking forward to signing KDB from Wolfsburg this summer?

Apologies if you've been asked this but what's your opinion of him?

Still very raw. Offensively great but has his problems defensively and looses a lot balls as he plays sometimes very headless. But he has a very good mentality - he can be the match winner even if he has not done anything well the whole match.

That's nice. Good forward planning. Looking forward to signing KDB from Wolfsburg this summer?

Actually - I did not think that KdB goes to Bayern. I just thought it would be too early for him to go to a big club and that it would be better to wait another year.

If a player really wants to go elsewhere - fine. If I would be Sane I would not go to Bayern this season as with Robben and Ribery still there and Coman and Costa he will not get much playing time. But the old wingers are in their last year of contract - Götze is, too. So it makes sense if they give him an offer for 2017. He will be further in his development and get a lot playing time - and next year it will be easier for him at Bayern.

Sane is German - that might be the difference to de Bruyne - and not so far in development.

I read that Sane has a £28mil release clause in his contract, that kicks in during 2017 season.....so makes sense that Bayern would be interested for next year.....If we want him, maybe now is the time to get him!

I hope we steer clear of him personally. He's very raw and nowhere near the finished article. Fed up of us paying world class money for rough diamonds. We've done it with half the squad. I think Sane is quite Sterling like personally. Looks a good player on the counter and when he was space, but not sure how he fits into a possession orientated team where he rarely gets to use his pace.

LtzsFbX.jpg

SportBild: Man City offered €50m for Sane in January, willing to go to €60m. #MCFC

This week's edition of German magazine SportBild has a feature on the future of Schalke's Leroy Sane. Earlier this year, Sane was repeatedly and strongly linked with a move to Manchester City, and all kinds of figures were thrown around by the German media.

At the time it certainly seemed like a lot of hot air, and the majority of it must have been, given the contradictory nature. However, SportBild insist there was some truth to it and say Manchester City, through an agent, offered Schalke €50m in January.

That offer didn't work and SportBild say Manchester City are now prepared to go to 'a pain threshold' of €60m in order to sign the young attacker. Bayern Munich are also said to be interested in Sane and it therefore brings up a battle of Pep Guardiola versus his old club, something which is understandably interesting for the German media.

A fee of €60m should be enough for Schalke, but if a move does happen then it's very likely to be structured with a lower payment upfront and then clauses to be met which trigger further bonuses.

I hope we steer clear of him personally. He's very raw and nowhere near the finished article. Fed up of us paying world class money for rough diamonds. We've done it with half the squad. I think Sane is quite Sterling like personally. Looks a good player on the counter and when he was space, but not sure how he fits into a possession orientated team where he rarely gets to use his pace.

We are all assuming Pep will play a certain way, but perhaps he will play more than one way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.