Leroy Sane - 2016/2017 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Far and away Germanys biggest threat last night
Any insight into how his performance was recieved in Germany?

We generally don't care too much about friendlies. We have learnt over the years that Low needs those matches to try some tactical formations and new players. They don't go full power as players are overplayed anyway and there is nothing to win in a friendly.
That also means German fans don't expect too much from the players in a friendly and don't boo.
They know it will be completely different in the next WC qualifier, when it counts.

Sane did great in not working too much but just enough to be ok, and avoid injury. (Newbie forward Timo Werner has done a hamstring...)

Biggest football paper "kicker" has following player ratings (1=best ... 6=worst rating):

...........................ter Stegen (2)
Kimmich (5)....Rudiger (3)...Hummels (3)....Hector (4)
...............Weigl (4)..........Kroos (4)
Brandt (4,5)..........Podolski (2)........ Sané (4)
..........................Timo Werner (4)

Germany was very lucky not to concede 1st half, also Vardy should have earnt a penalty. Their view, mine as well.
Low said iw was a good lesson against a strong high pressing team, especially for those young lads.

I thought Sane was "off form" in the Germany game. He gave away possession far too much.
Deli Alli, Lallana and Keane were impressive for England and what a strike by Podolski!

Not at all, I thought Sane played well against England, whom I'd agree were better for most of the match to the Germans. Löw picked an odd XI that could not cope with the high pressure of Southgate's 3-4-3

Sane is a terrific looking talent that is in great form and will only get better, IMO

Not at all, I thought Sane played well against England, whom I'd agree were better for most of the match to the Germans. Löw picked an odd XI that could not cope with the high pressure of Southgate's 3-4-3

Sane is a terrific looking talent that is in great form and will only get better, IMO

It was a stroll for him whilst those mentioned above played like it was of some significance... the ability to still stand out even in 2nd gear, shows the gulf in class!

People are giving him too much credit for his performance against England.

I thought he was okay but didn't do anything to stand out or impress. In fact, I thought (apart from getting a great save from Hart) he was wasteful in the final third and indecisive.

Clearly he wasn't trying too hard and it was a friendly, but let's not dish out too many superlatives about an average performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.