Leroy Sane - 2016/2017 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he really struggled without Silva. Aguero and De Bruyne isolated him. The midfield were slow in supporting him and Clichy is no help.

He was poor but I think his isolation didn't help him. Let's not forget he did create a perfectly good goal and De Bruyne made a hideous decision with minutes to go.
So even in a poor game he'd have had an assist and a goal.

I feel he's becoming a tad predictable on the left, as I feared he would. There's a reason why every top sides have inverted wingers. It's always the same pass he's wanting - inside the full back and in behind. If it's on - brilliant, he scores regularly with it. If it's not on, he's not doing a lot else.

Maybe needs a switch to the right to mix up his game. I'd like to see him and Sterling be more fluid with that actually.

Just a tactical problem, nothing to do with the kid's ability.

The last two games he's look exhausted both physically and mentally, he doesn't look as sharp as he did after he returned from injury. Maybe, now that Jesus is back fit, he can be rotated and given some time on the bench. The lads only young and we don't want him to suffer from burn out.

Carragher did a good little bit of analysis where he pointed out United boxed in both wingers with 4 players every time they got the ball.

It's in times like that when our lack of good attacking fullbacks and midfielders who make runs into the box through the middle is exposed. It's not the wingers fault, Mourinho just committed players to neutralising them and then we didn't have players in the middle to exploit that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.