Leroy Sane - 2016/2017 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by vintiz, 10 Sep 2016.

1. Brightwells left peg

Brightwells left peg

Reminds me of Ricky Holden

2. Andrew___K

Andrew___K

Because he is instructed to do so - occupy his wing, stretch the oppos and use energy wisely. If that can be done by 'staying' there, why not? He isn't supposed to mark fullbacks all the time.

3. Manc in London

Manc in London

Yeah. I can imagine Pep saying, "Leroy, when defending in your own half stand still and do not track the runner or even make an attempt to block a cross." His defending, even taking into account that he is a winger whose main job is to supply and score, could do with improving.

4. Andrew___K

Andrew___K

Fair point, now see what you mean.

5. Manc in London

Manc in London

I now know what you mean, mate :)

6. Thaksinssoldier

Thaksinssoldier

He is phenomenal defensively. The amount of times he's won the ball back around the box is probably a record for a winger!

7. Manc in London

Manc in London

That isn't the sum total of what he needs to do defensively. I have witnessed it in several games where he simply stands off and/or doesn't follow his man.

I am aware that having said this, or something similar a number of times, I appear to be over emphasising the issue to the point where I appear to be making it a bigger issue than it is . :)

8. decmancity

decmancity

Technically and physically, very dangerous player. Pep will mold this lad into something special, every winger can go missing in games or at stages of the season but I haven't noticed Sane get upset over it and be petulant which is a great sign. Jesus is very much in the same boat as is Sterling. We have the best manager to turn any or hopefully all of these three into the world beaters they can be.

9. cityzennn93:20

cityzennn93:20

Reminds me a bit of bale

10. Murph

Murph

Was the signing I was most excited adout last Summer , he's going to develop into some player.