Leroy Sane - 2016/2017 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was definitely end product, just because he didn't score doesn't mean there was no end product. For a start, his complete domination of OViedo meant that Koeman moved their best defensive midfielder over to double up on him which created the room for silva to run the game and put in the performance he did.

Later, Koeman actually moved Bolassie into the centre because he wasn't providing enough cover against Sané.

So there was end product - not goals, but he forced the opposition manager into completely reorganising his team and created the platform for the MOTM to play well. That's very much end product for his work on the right wing.

He also put in a fair few crosses which should have been goals - beat the keeper and defenders and our forwards just couldn't supply the finish.
Yes de did well against Oviedo and Bolassie and he showed a stack of promise but End Product = Chances, and there were not enough.
But as I said that was mainly due to lack of match practice with the rest of the team and their movement, not his.

His defensive work was absolutely excellent. I did not expect to see that.

He's going to be a very special player for us.

I must have been watching a different game Saturday, thought he was distinctly average. I'm not gonna slate the lad though...he reminds me of Sterling last season...think he just needs to bed in

Started brilliantly but faded out when KDB was switched with Silva, didn't seem to link up as well with Silva as he was with the ginger one.

We could have got him a lot more involved than we did I thought. There were several occasions where he was hugging the touch line in plenty of space but we chose to turn back inside and come the opposite way.
When he got the ball early doors he looked dangerous but as has been alluded to Everton soon doubled up on him. His decision making when knowing when to go at his man and when to pass and move into space needs work but like several others that'll come with the more minutes he's on the pitch with his new teammates. I've seen enough to look forward to him playing a major part in seasons to come.

The more minutes he play, the better he will become.

The boy is talented and confident, he just needs time.

I don't think the swap with Sterling to the other flank did him too many favours, he went very quiet after that. Started great and created plenty of chances, we just didn't have enough in the box to go against the 10 that Everton had. We really need to work on getting more players in the box if we're going to be so effective creating chances from the byline.

All ifs and buts now but, if Aguero had started of Kelechi, he'd have been in the places that mattered when Sane got behind them.

I don't think the swap with Sterling to the other flank did him too many favours, he went very quiet after that. Started great and created plenty of chances, we just didn't have enough in the box to go against the 10 that Everton had. We really need to work on getting more players in the box if we're going to be so effective creating chances from the byline.

All ifs and buts now but, if Aguero had started of Kelechi, he'd have been in the places that mattered when Sane got behind them.
The swap happened because Seamus Coleman basically nullified Sterling. Pep probably wanted to try if Sane can have a better go at Coleman than Sterling. Turns out he couldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.