Leroy Sane - 2016/2017 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sane was amazing in the start against Everton.

I expect that Pep will take this on board and will utilize Sane to best advantage in our matches going forward.

I honestly think that it's just a matter of time before we batter someone nine-zero or so! Honestly!

Kind of a strange position to be in, we have two young stars in the making in sterling and sane, but I don't think we can play them at the same time. They both seem very effective on the right wing, and rather ineffective on the left wing. We don't have a large enough sample size from sane yet to write him off on the left wing, but I think it's safe to say sterling should almost exclusively be played on the right. So, nolito and gabriel jesus can rotate on the left, and sterling and sane can rotate on the right. Sounds exciting to me.

Kind of a strange position to be in, we have two young stars in the making in sterling and sane, but I don't think we can play them at the same time. They both seem very effective on the right wing, and rather ineffective on the left wing. We don't have a large enough sample size from sane yet to write him off on the left wing, but I think it's safe to say sterling should almost exclusively be played on the right. So, nolito and gabriel jesus can rotate on the left, and sterling and sane can rotate on the right. Sounds exciting to me.

I agree. I thought Sane was brilliant on the right.

Needs to learn to play on the left because Sterling is much better on the right (and I mean that in the sense that Sterling is better than Sané on the right, as well as that Sterling is better on the right than on the left).

Didn't keep enough width, and tried to do too much. There's no point trying to cut the ball back from the byline if there's 9 defenders in the box because you spent 30 seconds beating the fullback. It's impressive, the way he can skin someone and has the close control to go round them on the very edge of the pitch, but quite a few times, just an early cross would have been better.

Still finding his feet and that's reasonable enough. I've no doubt he'll come good in time.

Needs to learn to play on the left because Sterling is much better on the right (and I mean that in the sense that Sterling is better than Sané on the right, as well as that Sterling is better on the right than on the left).

Didn't keep enough width, and tried to do too much. There's no point trying to cut the ball back from the byline if there's 9 defenders in the box because you spent 30 seconds beating the fullback. It's impressive, the way he can skin someone and has the close control to go round them on the very edge of the pitch, but quite a few times, just an early cross would have been better.

Still finding his feet and that's reasonable enough. I've no doubt he'll come good in time.

Agree with all of that,he certainly looks a good prospect

At this moment in time I would play nolito and give sane game time from the bench

Needs to show more for the ball that's all. He's really stretching the play with his positioning which I have no doubt Pep has told him to do. He just has to understand that he needs to show for the ball and do the less glamorous work coming up and down the touchline. He's also no good out on the left IMO. It shows the deficiencies up even more when he's out there.

He'll get it. He's 19 and has all the tools to be world class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.