Leroy Sane - 2016/2017 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks raw but talented. His first touch at times was sublime and he has the kind of physical stature and pace that are very suitable for the Premier League. Definitely got high hopes for this one.

Anyone else reminded of Peter Barnes by his play, including being a bit mard-arsed at times?

He created a buzz of anticipation at times when he got the ball.

I agree with the raw but talented bit and that he didn't keep enough width particularly in the last 20 minutes when it seemed all of our players wanted to play in the middle. We lost our shape a bit I thought.

He also ran the ball out 3 times and overall he was a bit hit and miss but the talent is there. I would use him sparingly currently. Sterling should be on the right or even down the middle but not on the left as he offers little there for me.

I would start Sane against the rags though and rest Sterling.

I agree with the raw but talented bit and that he didn't keep enough width particularly in the last 20 minutes when it seemed all of our players wanted to play in the middle. We lost our shape a bit I thought.

He also ran the ball out 3 times and overall he was a bit hit and miss but the talent is there. I would use him sparingly currently. Sterling should be on the right or even down the middle but not on the left as he offers little there for me.

I would start Sane against the rags though and rest Sterling.

I'd play Sané-Iheanacho-Sterling against the rags, I think they are incredibly susceptible to pace with Rojo, Blind, Smalling in the back 4. If Shaw comes in then they'll be better, but Sterling and Sané had the beating of him in the derby a month ago, and I'd guess he'd have the same again.

He is absolutely silky smooth but needs some seasoning still. His close control is unreal but he has pushed the odds a bit too far a few times. Pep will either get him to pick and choose his battles with that style or encourage him to keep at it. I'm surprised he hasn't earned a penalty yet.

Is it worth putting his shirt in the washing machine tonight? :-(

I accept he is raw and needs time to develop, but at present he doesn't deserve to be ahead of Navas in the pecking order.

I thought he was really poor this evening. His first touch let him down numerous times and when he lost the ball had little fight to win it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.