Leroy Sane - 2016/2017 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very excited to see what he can do when fully fit and a bit more used to the league and his team mates. Saw glimpses yesterday of what he can be capable of. Pace to burn and a real threat in that final third. Think he might be very left footed but that hasn't hindered Silva for the last 10 years :)

Sums it up perfectly but Pep will soon bring him up to his best
I was surprised how he seemed almost subdued and too calm for a debut, but remebered something I saw a on sky where Thierry henry explained how Pep and the tactical turtle like to have forwards out wide to split the defence when needed, but also to saty out there even when they dont get any sevice.
Think Sane was told to hug the line and keep the ball until support arrives so not to give it away risking counters , he did okay but would like to see him take on his man on tuesday.

Thought he looked good, rags defence smell danger when he gets the ball. Looks like at the flick of a switch he can turn two defenders and create panic.. Also has an eye for players around him..

Come jan / February 17 look what we will have that we didn't have last season, a total new player in sterling / sane / Jesus... Not trying to say the PL is ours this year but if come January it's hanging in the balance imagine the surge from these three as well as our regular stars.. It will put fear in the rest of the PL.

Faith in guardiola.

I thought he was calm on the ball and played with intelligence. Kind of the opposite of what you'd expect from someone his age, considering the moment, and his skill set. I'd give him a 7/10 and that feels harsh.

Watched once and I'm about to re-watch the game.

Thought he was classical. His touch exquisite. Vision far more refined than I remember. The explosiveness wasn't there yet. But that's the part of his game I already know he has. That said, he is still a little loose with the ball. Just like at Shalke.

Excited to see more :)

One rather unusual aspect of his play is that he backs himself to win the ball against the defender over an incredibly short distance, simply by touching it past him and then using a couple of long strides to get his body around and in front of the opponent. Most players simply rely on pace and knock the ball some distance ahead before racing for it, so it should be interesting to see how defenders cope.

I thought he was calm on the ball and played with intelligence. Kind of the opposite of what you'd expect from someone his age, considering the moment, and his skill set. I'd give him a 7/10 and that feels harsh.

Watched once and I'm about to re-watch the game.
I agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.