Leroy Sane - 2016/2017 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it turns out we can't get back in the title race, & we end up fighting to consolidate a top 4 spot, it would be great to let loose Sané, Jesus, Sterling & Kelechi in the FA Cup, & maybe one or two kids off the bench. Just go for it & let them enjoy themselves & take the weight off the older players.

If it turns out we can't get back in the title race, & we end up fighting to consolidate a top 4 spot, it would be great to let loose Sané, Jesus, Sterling & Kelechi in the FA Cup, & maybe one or two kids off the bench. Just go for it & let them enjoy themselves & take the weight off the older players.

This is what's driving me nuts. I'd have been happy aiming for top 4 and building for next year, but we're doing it with a ton of players who won't be here next season. Next Sept it'll be "give the back 4 time". For me now is the time to do it and that means taking some risks at the back with the kids. For all the critisism I've thrown at John Stones, at least he'll have no excuse next year. We could have done with doing similar for Alex Garcia and the full back lads. I doubt our insistance on sticking by Gael and Zab etc has been that much better than had we eased the kids in.

Imagine what Sane and our front line do when there's some good pacy full backs backing them up!

This is what's driving me nuts. I'd have been happy aiming for top 4 and building for next year, but we're doing it with a ton of players who won't be here next season. Next Sept it'll be "give the back 4 time". For me now is the time to do it and that means taking some risks at the back with the kids. For all the critisism I've thrown at John Stones, at least he'll have no excuse next year. We could have done with doing similar for Alex Garcia and the full back lads. I doubt our insistance on sticking by Gael and Zab etc has been that much better than had we eased the kids in.

Imagine what Sane and our front line do when there's some good pacy full backs backing them up!

I don't think there has been much chance to blood young players in the league games due to the chaotic nature of our performances. The fact we have drawn Premier League teams in the cups has also watered it down.

Re fullbacks. Seeing as we bossed Spurs' midfield with 3 flair players, the much heralded Fernandinho at right back experiment is not impossible, not that it will happen.

The problem you always have is that by the time you realise that the title is gone, you then end up in a fight for 4th place, which is actually far more important to achieve, so risking playing the kids becomes even less likely.

As for the kids, I think we have to trust in the staff to bring them through at the right time and know if they're not good enough. But the sort of loans they go on gives you a pretty good indication of their current level. The history of this board is full of people moaning that so-and-so from the academy isn't being given a chance, only for that person to then go on loan to a League One or Championship team and fail to become a regular starter. Maffeo and Angelino have both gone on loan to the second tier of Spanish football. That suggests that they're not at a level where they should be sitting on our bench regularly. Hopefully this will be good for their development, but let's face it, unless they are comfortably the best in their respective positions in that league, they should be nowhere near our first team.

I love it when he knocks the ball past the opponent and leaves them in his dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.