Leroy Sane - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it in his locker to score 20+ a season. I fully expect this to become reality in a couple of years.

Has the stature of a Bale/Ronaldo type player and the technique of world class player, I reckon he could easy go 20-30 in a season maybe even 30+ if everything comes together. He's top drawer, potentially a Balon D'or candidate at some point in the future.

Has the stature of a Bale/Ronaldo type player and the technique of world class player, I reckon he could easy go 20-30 in a season maybe even 30+ if everything comes together. He's top drawer, potentially a Balon D'or candidate at some point in the future.
I'm always genuinely surprised whenever I hear people say that he's not a good finisher. This guy is top drawer in many aspects of the game and that includes finishing.

He has everything. His age and rawness means his decision making isn’t as crisp as it will eventually be but natural talent wise he is possibly the cream of a very gifted crop of players. Has that swagger and incisiveness that you can’t teach. When he’s coming inside / drifting infield with the ball you can’t get near him. Reminds me a lot of Hazard in that respect.

Pep is managing him well.

Looking at Ronaldo's career, (born Feb '85) at 21, he scored, 23 in 53 for the rags. It was his first real season of high scoring (12 in 47 the season before) but he had played 95 games for Utd by the start of that season. NINETY FIVE!

He was an established Premier League player by then, who had been eased into Ferguson's system over 3 seasons prior to that one .

Sane's career at City is only just beginning, he's not in our first 11 yet, & he had 9 goals last season, in & out of the team & has 4 in 7 now (how many of those games were starts ?).

He is way ahead of Ronaldo in his limited time here, in terms of end product compared to PL experience.

Look at the technique involved in all 4 of his goals this season. It's as good as anything you could ever see. Imo, he has the same ability striking a ball, that Ronaldo has, just needs to refine it & to get on taking free kicks somehow (not easy in this team) & to be consistent. Sometimes he is a bit flakey & not in the game (Flakey was Ronaldo's middle name at that age & many Utd fans I know, didn't want him at the club). Ronaldo also taught himself to become a serious header of the ball, which imo Sane should follow, he has the physique.

We have a player here, who imo is better than Ronaldo was, at the same age. A decent way better. He's just not established at City yet, which is why I personally didn't want Sanchez in the way.

He clearly doesn't like being left out as he knows he's as good, or better, than any of the players in the team.

We soon have to start playing him more often imo, & if he isn't performimg, take him off, rather than not starting him. We are going to come under a lot of pressure with big clubs trying to tap this guy up & we need to get him hooked on playing for City.

Looking at Ronaldo's career, (born Feb '85) at 21, he scored, 23 in 53 for the rags. It was his first real season of high scoring (12 in 47 the season before) but he had played 95 games for Utd by the start of that season. NINETY FIVE!

He was an established Premier League player by then, who had been eased into Ferguson's system over 3 seasons prior to that one .

Sane's career at City is only just beginning, he's not in our first 11 yet, & he had 9 goals last season, in & out of the team & has 4 in 7 now (how many of those games were starts ?).

He is way ahead of Ronaldo in his limited time here, in terms of end product compared to PL experience.

Look at the technique involved in all 4 of his goals this season. It's as good as anything you could ever see. Imo, he has the same ability striking a ball, that Ronaldo has, just needs to refine it & to get on taking free kicks somehow (not easy in this team) & to be consistent. Sometimes he is a bit flakey & not in the game (Flakey was Ronaldo's middle name at that age & many Utd fans I know, didn't want him at the club). Ronaldo also taught himself to become a serious header of the ball, which imo Sane should follow, he has the physique.

We have a player here, who imo is better than Ronaldo was, at the same age. A decent way better. He's just not established at City yet, which is why I personally didn't want Sanchez in the way.

He clearly doesn't like being left out as he knows he's as good, or better, than any of the players in the team.

We soon have to start playing him more often imo, & if he isn't performimg, take him off, rather than not starting him. We are going to come under a lot of pressure with big clubs trying to tap this guy up & we need to get him hooked on playing for City.

Pep's just pacing him imo, he's playing well in the minutes he's getting but last season it was the front 4 for months together and they were knackered by March.

I can see why he wanted Sanchez, he wants these guys peaking at the right time and fresh throughout the season, not just brilliant till the winter and then the injuries occur or they tire out, he's still young.

Good management imo. We leave him wanting a little more, and he leaves us wanting to see more of him.

Pep is handling him perfectly, his first couple of games at the start of the season left a lot to be desired(though you could argue he wasn't playing in his preferred position) so it was only right he was dropped and allowed to fight his way back into the team which he has done. I won't get ahead of myself and say he can reach ronaldo's level as the kind of improvement ronaldo showed in his game at united is likely never to be replicated ever in football. That said I can definitely see him being a more technical and talented version of bale and he would do well to reach that level. With the technique he has in striking the ball, this is a player that you can expect 30+ goals from a season when he reaches his full potential that's how good he is. His second goals may have caught the eye more but I was even more impressed with both his first goals in the games he's scored in as they were actually the most difficult technique wise to get on target and score. He has a lot of time on his side so he shouldn't be discouraged if he's not in the first-team every game as he's playing for and competing with a very talented group of players and his time will come.

Pep's just pacing him imo, he's playing well in the minutes he's getting but last season it was the front 4 for months together and they were knackered by March.

I can see why he wanted Sanchez, he wants these guys peaking at the right time and fresh throughout the season, not just brilliant till the winter and then the injuries occur or they tire out, he's still young.

Good management imo. We leave him wanting a little more, and he leaves us wanting to see more of him.

That's fine, but he is not happy about it, clearly, & having been largely overlooked as a first choice since August, imo, he has had enough of the stick now & needs more 'carrot'. If he gets picked & doesn't perform, then he can see why he's dropped, rather than not playing in the first place.

I think it's an absolutely huge, lucky, positive that we haven't signed Sanchez, for both Sterling & Sane in particular.

It was never going to be Aguero who missed out, like some misguided folk on here presumed, always Sane, Sterling & to a lesser extent Jesus & Bernardo Silva.

They have a few months to get established now & if we do sign Sanchez, he could threaten everyone's place equally from game to game, rather than just a few being less 'equal' than the rest.

That's fine, but he is not happy about it, clearly, & having been largely overlooked as a first choice since August, imo, he has had enough of the stick now & needs more 'carrot'. If he gets picked & doesn't perform, then he can see why he's dropped, rather than not playing in the first place.

I think it's an absolutely huge, lucky, positive that we haven't signed Sanchez
, for both Sterling & Sane in particular.

It was never going to be Aguero who missed out, like some misguided folk on here presumed, always Sane, Sterling & to a lesser extent Jesus & Bernardo Silva.

They have a few months to get established now & if we do sign Sanchez, he could threaten everyone's place equally from game to game, rather than just a few being less 'equal' than the rest.
I wanted Sanchez but I really couldnt see where he fits in. How is it possible to keep that many top class players satisfied with game time?

Pep is handling him perfectly, his first couple of games at the start of the season left a lot to be desired(though you could argue he wasn't playing in his preferred position) so it was only right he was dropped and allowed to fight his way back into the team which he has done. I won't get ahead of myself and say he can reach ronaldo's level as the kind of improvement ronaldo showed in his game at united is likely never to be replicated ever in football. That said I can definitely see him being a more technical and talented version of bale and he would do well to reach that level. With the technique he has in striking the ball, this is a player that you can expect 30+ goals from a season when he reaches his full potential that's how good he is. His second goals may have caught the eye more but I was even more impressed with both his first goals in the games he's scored in as they were actually the most difficult technique wise to get on target and score. He has a lot of time on his side so he shouldn't be discouraged if he's not in the first-team every game as he's playing for and competing with a very talented group of players and his time will come.

I think Ronaldo's success can be emulated & will be. The modern game has no proper defenders, they are all either footballers, shit at defending, or clueless troglodytes & apart from v us, tackling is illegal .

Dropping Sane for being average when played out of position, was wrong imo.

Ferguson would never dream of asking Ronaldo to do that job, as he knew Ronaldo had no ability whatsoever to do i & wouldn't lift a finger to try. Sane can do it & is willing to try, so was dropped for trying & not quite being good enough.

Ronaldo would have sulked for 6 months on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.