Leroy Sane - 2017/18 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by super_city_si, 14 Jul 2017.

1. City_Sean

City_Sean

This 352 does him no favours, but I also can't see where he fits into this formation in an attacking sense as he isn't comfortable playing inside.

2. Rolee

Rolee

Didn't he sometimes play off the striker at Schalke? And excelled in that position, I'm sure I read that somewhere.

3. Chrisdunk

Chrisdunk

Never would I or Lorey have expected him to be playing as a touchline hugging winger. Shows he's unselfish & committed to City & Pep because other players of similar ability would throw up a fit.

4. nickamon

nickamon

I agree completely. Love Sane but he needs space to make his run and dribble at speed. He is not a Ribery, for example, who can beat his man just straight-up dribbling past him

5. CityInWashingtonState

CityInWashingtonState

Agreed that he's no where near as skillful as Ribery - however, he often times is able to beat his man from a stand still. He'll use his pace to put the ball past a defender and then run onto it. He actually does this quite often.

6. BlueisCity

BlueisCity

I think we are going to see the best out of Sane this season in the 433/4141 with him as an inverted RW/RM. We now have Walker/Danilo to keep the width out wide and lets him cut in on him on his left foot to be ready to attack the net. Him at LWB is just a waste, but he's shown he is willing to do whatever Pep asks of him to the best of his abilities.

7. kwm1988

kwm1988

I really hope he gets a chance to play off the right this season..i think he would be so much more natural running at players on that side cutting on to his left foot dribbling at players,shooting etc..

I really think pep is missing a trick playing him on the left he just doesn't look natural there to me, and seems to struggle unless he's got space to run in too against teams that open up when we hit em on the break he looks fine and has scored a few goals this way..against teams that sit everyone behind the ball (most prem teams) he seems to struggle...i feel most wingers work better of the opposite side so it frustrates me to see him every game play on the left :( lol..only problem is Bernardo plays off the right and sterling seems to of found his position there too I'm sure sterling and sane could swap sides now though with the fast full backs we have now providing width.

8. somethingelse

somethingelse

Sane looked inhibited by his defensive duties, and not very good at them either ,I think the game situation confused him as he didn't know wether to attack or just keep possession, lets hope he has better days in a 4-3-3 or even the good old 4-4-2 where his objective is clear ,to attack

9. Dax777

Dax777

This is still the one kind of player we lack, a straight up dribbler.

Chelsea has Hazard and the Brazilian
    United has Pogba and. Martial
    Arsenal has Sanchez
    Liverpool had Coutinho
    Tothenham has Dembele
    Butbww don't have any senior straight dribbler.

10. mcfc482

mcfc482

This guy seems to be getting lazier every time I see him. Hopefully he gets his finger out soon. He doesn't bother making runs which would stretch the other team, takes the easy option most of the time and once in a while decides to dribble with the ball. He obviously has talent but needs to attitude to go with it. He should also never play LWB, gets exposed time and time again.