Lesson Learned..

Paddy_Blue

Folks, I know there have been plenty of reactionary threads today but I just wanted to add a few of my own thoughts.

Ok, we've had a kick in the stones in the past 12 hours after building our hopes up since last Tuesday. I think over the weekend, after watching the scenes in Milan, the fans reaction etc. I became more and more convinced that Kaka would not join. In the end fair play to the lad, he is clearly not motivated by money and after seeing the fans reaction it would have been almost impossible for him to join us. So be it.

Hopefully we can all learn from this. These are unprecedented times for our football club and I think all of us, from us fans through to the top levels of the board are on a steep learning curve. We're operating at a level that we have not been at for many many years (perhaps ever!). We are absolutely indebted to Shiek Mansour for saving our football club, securing a bright future and in the space of 6 months showing the drive, determination and resources to bring us to the very top ASAP. However hopefully we will have learned from the experiences of the past week -
* Perhaps January is not the best time to sign a 'Galactico' after all. It would have been much easier for this deal to happen during the summer.
* Beacuse we are not the 'big 4' the media (scum) will try to crucify us and drag our name through the mud at every opportunity. In fairness, I don't think there is a whole lot we could have done, we were hung out by the Italians.
* Garry Cook and the 'negotiators' need to learn this transfer business fast. So far they are 0 for 2 on the big names (not counting Robinho, we were in the right place at the right time for that one). I still have faith in the lad though.
* We the fans need to remain calm and trust our club to go about their business. After all they have our best interests at heart. Have seen enough hysterics on these boards and on tv over the past week that leads me to think that all this money has gone to our heads.

Money alone is not going to attract the likes of Kaka. We DO need to have some success to back up these signings without the media talking shite about greed and morals when we try to sign these players.

It is clearly going to be very difficult in the early days of this 'project' to attract a big name from a club like AC Milan who are regularly challenging for league titles and European trophies (that puts Messi out our range for now also). Therefore I think the likes of Villa and Aguero are much more obtainable for now, playing at 'selling clubs' that need the money.

I'm really just trying to put things in a positive light on this 'bleak' morning!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.