Lets improve the game.

abu13

Team supported
Gods own
Ok, i have been thinking about this for a little while after getting pissed off with teams just parking the bus.

Howe could we change the rules of football to make it more enjoyable and to encourage teams to play the right way, The changes would have to be easy to implement and clear for everyone to understand.

For me.
1. 4 points for an away win.
2. The woodwork counts as part of the goal, hit the post or cross bar and the ball remains in play and its a goal.
3. Split the pitch into thirds instead of halves, You would have to have a minimum of two players in final third at end time.
4. Offsides only come into play once you enter the final third.
5. reduce the game to 80 minutes but stop the clock whenever the ball goes out of play.

If we really wanted to make a radical change i'd also have a big fuck off 20ft plastic pineapple on the centre spot and any team knocking it over loses 5 players to a sin bin for 5 minutes :)

1. no ,teams would defend more and try to counter attack more.
2. why not have corner flags and advertising hoardings included
3,its football not netball
4,offside is fucked because the messed about with it already
might have something in the pineapple :)

Stopping the clock i agree.
In substitutions the player going off has to take the fastest route off the pitch and the sub comes straight on, and you can make them simultaneously.
If a player is injured the physio can come on and treat him without stopping play, at the referee's discretion. When the physio comes on to treat a player, the player is considered off the field of play, so it doesn't mess with offside etc.

No substitutions allowed in extra time !

If a player is injured, so be it. It's just time wasting at the moment, 4th officials holds up extra time of 4 mins and 3 mins of that is taken up by teams making subs to waste time.

1. Stop the clock when the ball is out of play, play 70-80mins.

2. Bring in video referees for potential red cards, offsides and goals.

3. Deduct a point if a team fails to score. I realise that means a 2-1 loss would be better than a 0-0 draw but fuck em, it'd get rid of this parking the bus shite that is ruining entertaining football.

4. Increase the size of the goals (football nets) in proportion with the average human height increase. (Average height of men born in the 1940's in comparison with the 1980's shows a 5-10cm increase) Surely that should be reflected in the size of the goals.

Last edited:
If it ain't broke...

That said, a suprise second ball entering the field of play for 5 minutes, at one random point in every game would be great.

Stop the rampant cheating that goes on in every match these days. That will improve the game no end.

Ditch current off side. instead you have to keep at least 3 outfield players in each half at all times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.