Let's learn about obscure teams!

Benidorm Club de Fútbol is a Spanish football team based in Benidorm, in the autonomous community of Valencia. Founded in 1964, it currently plays in Segunda División B - Group 3, holding home matches at Estadio Municipal Guillermo Amor, which has a capacity of 6,000.

Watched them play Barcalona B a couple of years ago on one of our yearly trips over there, Barca had Bojan and Dos Santos playing for them plus another couple of lads who have played in other leagues. Still got the program upstairs to.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.benidormcf.com/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.benidormcf.com/index.php</a>

Grada_Rolling_1.jpg

General_2.jpg

General_1.jpg

1967.jpg

bammy blue said:
Benidorm Club de Fútbol is a Spanish football team based in Benidorm, in the autonomous community of Valencia. Founded in 1964, it currently plays in Segunda División B - Group 3, holding home matches at Estadio Municipal Guillermo Amor, which has a capacity of 6,000.

Watched them play Barcalona B a couple of years ago on one of our yearly trips over there, Barca had Bojan and Dos Santos playing for them plus another couple of lads who have played in other leagues. Still got the program upstairs to.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.benidormcf.com/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.benidormcf.com/index.php</a>

Grada_Rolling_1.jpg

General_2.jpg

General_1.jpg

1967.jpg
What a backdrop.

This thread has some real potential if people would post about clubs they know and have some connection to instead of copy-paste from Wikipedia and Google Images...

Buxton FC.
Buxton Football Club are an English football club based in Buxton, Derbyshire. They were established in 1877 and joined the Combination League in 1891. They then joined the Manchester League in 1899 and won the championship in 1932. They reached the 3rd round of the FA Cup in the 1951-52 season. Their patron is the Duke of Devonshire. The club supports and hosts local senior, junior and ladies football.

They are currently members of the Northern Premier League Premier Division.

I went to see Buxton lose 1-0 to Blyth Spartans in the FA Cup Preliminary Round 4 (the round before the proper tournament). And they play here:

0,,10309~5880175,00.jpg

-------------------------------

Droylsden FC.

Droylsden F.C. is an English football club based in Droylsden, near Manchester. As of the 2010–11 season, they play in the Conference North (Blue Square North).

I saw Droyslden FC knock out Barwell FC in the FA Cup Preliminary Round 4 (the round before the proper tournament). And they play here:

Droylsden1.gif

citykev28 said:
City Raider said:
FC Lahti was founded in 1996 when two time-honoured archrival clubs from Lahti - FC Kuusysi and Reipas Lahti (Founded in Viipuri and moved to Lahti due to Viipuri left to USSR in 1947) - decided to end their time in Finnish top-football and create a new club to make people of Lahti proud. Also the reserve club FC Pallo-Lahti was formed, but it was closed down after a couple of seasons due to economic difficulties. Both Reipas and Kuusysi controlled the junior section of the club.

FC Lahti played its first season, 1997, in the southern group of Ykkönen, the second tier of Finnish football. It finished second in the first half of the split league format type league system, but was placed third in the final half behind FC Haka and PK-35 which were promoted to Veikkausliiga. The next season, 1998, was victorious and FC Lahti finally gained promotion to the highest tier until relegating at the end of the season 2010.

In the premier division Lahti hasn't yet achieved as much as Kuusysi and Reipas did. In 2007 Lahti won the Finnish League Cup. In 2008 FC Lahti was third in the Veikkausliiga final table and took a place for Uefa Europa League qualification rounds season 2009.

The reason I'm interested - I played for them

didn't they play liverpool in europe in the '90's?

yep, my claim to fame though i'd left by then - they got battered someat like 10-0 on agg i think

the--dud said:
This thread has some real potential if people would post about clubs they know and have some connection to instead of copy-paste from Wikipedia and Google Images...

This thread has got real potential anyway. I have really enjoyed it so far. Thanks to all who have made the effeort to contribute.

New Mills AFC I saw these play Maine Road in my one and only trip to Brannington Road.

Formed almost 120 years ago, New Mills quickly progressed through the local leagues in its early days and even had a spell in the Manchester League. However, the club disbanded and a new team was formed, New Mills St Georges, who in a period up to World War I, won a number of titles, including the Derbyshire Minor Cup.

In 1919 began playing again and dropped the St Georges from their name. They joined the Manchester League once again and finished top in 1924 and, after finishing a runners-up the following season, lifted the championship once again in 1926.

As well as winning the league, New Mills also won the Derbyshire Cup three seasons out of four. The club was extremely well supported and had regular gates of around 3000. This was a very successful few seasons for the club and at least half a dozen players moved on to clubs in the Football League.

The club was once again disbanded due to World War II but reformed again afterwards, this time entering the Manchester Amateur League before progressing once again to the Manchester League, taking the title in 1956.

In 1959, Joe Martin took charge as manager which started a great run of success for the club, winning the league seven times together with plenty of trophies before he retired in 1972.

The club eventually moved up to the Cheshire League and later the North West Counties League. Unfortunately, the club began to suffer financially and in the summer of 1983 ceased playing in that competition.

Birch Vale and Thornsett F.C. were looking for a new ground and became tenants at Church Lane. Eventually, they took over running of the club and became New Mills Football Club.

They rejoined the Manchester League and in 1977, thanks to a fund-rasing appeal along with a grant from the Lottery Association, redeveloped their Church Lane ground to what it is today.

New Mills won the North West Counties League Division Two title in the 2007-08 season.

New Mills then followed up their Division Two title with a record breaking 2008-09 season whereby they set a new league and club record by winning 21 consecutive games, only missing out on the Division One title by goal difference to AFC Fylde who beat the Millers 5-0 on the last day of the league season. Two days after the disappointment on the Fylde coast, the Millers lifted the League Cup for the first time by beating Runcorn Linnets 2-0 at the Tameside Stadium, the home of Curzon Ashton. Goals from Garry Kharas and Scott McGowan ensured the Millers didn't end the season empty handed.

During the close season of 2009-10 manager Tony Hancock resigned but then had a change of heart and was back in control of leading the Millers but, for the 2010-11 season, Ally Pickering has been named caretaker manager.

Here's a team name you'll have fun getting your tongue around...

Miejski Klub Sportowy Znicz Pruszków. As you've guessed they're from Poland. Founded in 1923. What makes this club really stand out is there very unique away end.

Imagine a Europa League trip there!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.