Derby confirmed as Thursday, 27th April 8pm

I get the feeling that the CL is top priority nowadays. Top 3 will the aim and I agree it would have been better to play them next week to help achieve this but the CL trumps everything. If tomorrow is close then the team for Boro will also be weak. It's the way it is going at the moment. I don't think the FA Cup and League Cup are going to be prioritised at all whilst we still have chances in the CL going forward.

I understand that, but a win at the weekend would have helped our "champions" league qualification for next year due to the timing of the united game.

I understand that, but a win at the weekend would have helped our "champions" league qualification for next year due to the timing of the united game.

Agree but I don't think they care to be honest. The focus is on this years and the club are probably confident we will finish top 3 whatever.

Sure i saw somewhere it would be 26th April if there was a cup replay for either team and the scum got through to the next round in the Thursday night league.

Exactly, and that is also one of the reason we have to improve our squad depth. So despite having eye on CL, we can still put strong teams for the FA Cup. At the moment the depth is just not there unfortunately.
Well it should be. Apparently the side started on Sat had an astronomically number of international caps between them. Given the money spent what exactly constitutes "strength in depth" ? Also if a player is sitting on his backside for weeks on end not getting games or even into the match day squad how can they be expected to perform in one off cup tie? This was particularly true with respect to Nolito and Navas and even Aguero at Huddersfield.

Are Europa dates sacrosanct? I had a feeling that a fixture pile up might allow the UEFA rules (or are they guidelines?) to be overridden. If we get to the FA semis there will be a pile up.

If we win in the replay that means the Stoke game will be moved so the derby will be nearer the end of the season i'd think.

The FA really needs to sort out the FA Cup dates. If City get through to the quarters there will be 6 matches postponed that weekend (if Burnley had beaten Lincoln, it would have been 7!). Could be 3 games to be rearranged for us and the rags. Not only that they (or Spurs) might have final PL game on 21st May, EL final on the 24th and FA Cup final on the 27th. The fixtures are getting beyond a joke now and something needs sorting. The answers could range from an 18 team league, no replays for FA Cup ties, no League Cup or League Cup being finished pre Christmas (certainly get rid of two leg semi-finals) and all FA Cup ties after round 4 being midweek.

The FA really needs to sort out the FA Cup dates. If City get through to the quarters there will be 6 matches postponed that weekend (if Burnley had beaten Lincoln, it would have been 7!). Could be 3 games to be rearranged for us and the rags. Not only that they (or Spurs) might have final PL game on 21st May, EL final on the 24th and FA Cup final on the 27th. The fixtures are getting beyond a joke now and something needs sorting. The answers could range from an 18 team league, no replays for FA Cup ties, no League Cup or League Cup being finished pre Christmas (certainly get rid of two leg semi-finals) and all FA Cup ties after round 4 being midweek.
Or revert back to being utterly wank and never coming within a million miles of anything like a cup quarter final; euro qualification and/or end of season games that could mean winning something/qualifying for something. Mind you, it would mean Superbia members shelling out north of £450 a match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.