Lionel Messi (again)

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by karen7, 18 Feb 2017.

1. Marvin

Marvin

It was the Real Madrid v Barcelona Super Cup that shocked me, and then the Argentinian national games followed. If you remember Real madrid beat barcelona 5-1 on aggregate over two ties and rested players in the 2nd leg whilst Argentina are really struggling.

I must admit he proved me wrong and I called it too soon. I was not arguing that he hasn't been the best player in the world. I was saying that his game has dipped and we should be wary of buying him in 12 months time because it will only dip further, but obviously I was wrong. He's still an extraordinary player as he proved against Juve. All that happened is that truly great players can have 3-4 bad games.

2. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

Well at least you gave everyone a talking point ;)

3. MCFC1993

MCFC1993

Just another 4 for Messi tonight. 12 goals in 8 games this season. 9 goals in 5 league games.

4. Jazzcat

Jazzcat

Holding Down the Low End
    Quality goals. The guy is just relentlessly ruthless.

5. Manchester_lalala

Manchester_lalala

He will be the best until the day he retires. To much natural talent to have a decline like most players do.

6. Yates

Yates

I so hope Messi let's the doubters get into his head and he comes to city and proves that even a past his "prime" Messi, is the greatest player on the planet. No one is even close to him, only Ronaldo can come close to matching his productivity but Ronaldo is still far away from matching Messi in footballing intelligence + Messi is better at the basic fundamentals of football.

7. Yates

Yates

Yep, his spacial awareness is crazy, he knows when and where to move the ball to avoid being tackled, he has the best close control in the game, he can read and dictate the game, he has impeccable passing ability, he literally has every ability a small, slow player needs to succeed so even when he can barely run, he will still be amazing.

8. Manchester_lalala

Manchester_lalala

Hes never been the quickest player, so losing some of that won't have any effect. Its his close control and agility that makes him the player he is, it would be a dream come true to see him play for city. Just don't think he's got the balls to make the jump.

9. Metalartin

Metalartin

Do we really think this could happen? It would have to be next summer or not at all and it would probably be so he can reunite with Pep one last time, he's got mates in Aguero and Otamendi here too so I don't think it's impossible but what kind of wages would we need to pay him?

It's probably best we don't get our hopes up too high as even if he was open to it, Barca would fight tooth and nail to keep him.

10. Yates

Yates

He's always had good acceleration which will decrease so you won't see as many dribbles but he'll just become a better version of David Silva. It would that but he's Barca through and through man.