Lionel Messi (again)

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by karen7, 18 Feb 2017.

1. SWP's back

SWP's back

Yeah. £26m per year for five years and an £80m signing on fee.

Fucking adores the club.

2. MeatHunterrr

MeatHunterrr

£80m signing on fee? Wow, talk about Bartomeu panic there. Clearly was a worried guy.

3. jrb

jrb

Why would Messi leave Barcelona FC, Barcelona the city, Spain, the weather, the life style, etc. Obviously his family are happy in Barceloa as well.

But there's a bit if me that feels a bit disappointed for him.

I think a footballer should try the PL. To spend your whole career at one club and one league is a bit of a cop out, especially when you are the best player ever. Fighting Madrid every season for La Liga, bar the odd challenge from Atletico, must get tedious. The other clubs are just cannon fodder. Come to the PL and fight against 5 clubs for the title.

4. Cityfan

Cityfan

I'd love to have seen him here but I can't criticise a player for lack if ambition staying at Barcelona when it's the club that has given him everything and where he has a total rapport with the fan base.

5. KCblue

KCblue

One of those things where obviously I would have loved him to come to City but it feels fitting for him to finish his (European) career at Barcelona. Also I'd feel a bit shit for Raheem if he continues to have the best season of his career and we bring in Lionel Fucking Messi the following summer

6. quiet_riot

quiet_riot

IT Nerd
    He doesn't owe them anything

7. foggy1974

foggy1974

production operative
    Would you rather us be nobodys again. Anyway i'd rather have Pogba. Future Balon D'or winner.

8. EL APACHE TEVEZ

EL APACHE TEVEZ

Haha brilliant

9. BlueMoonz1977

BlueMoonz1977

I dont blame him one bit for staying, the club is in his blood and he has shown that throughout his career. Yes he has got rewarded with the money but he is and will be the best player of all time once he retires. He will be a living legend in the eyes of the barca fans and the club.

The biggest issue for him now at barca is the state of the board and the demise of the team around him. I watched them the other night in the CL and they were bang average with him on the bench, the board at bar a could not afford to let him go and messi’s affinity with the club made him stay.

It is a shame he didnt come and play in the premier league (with us) but thats the way it is, we just have to try and produce a worldy of our own.

10. Cityfan

Cityfan

I don't suppose he does but it doesn't stop him having a massive bond with them.