Lionel Messi (again)

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by karen7, 18 Feb 2017.

1. Why Always Ste

Why Always Ste

Gym Rat
    He's the top of the tree in world football but he had to start and grow somewhere... And with the facilities we now have we could be producing the next Messi and yet never discover him as he isn't allowed to grow and flourish due to not being given first team chances.

Yes many fans can be impatient and want everything now but that's the Mainstream media's doing, continuously questioning Pep whilst ignoring other managers...

Expect nothing and be surprised if we get something :)

I'd love Messi at City.
    But I'm happy to wait xxxxx years for our Messi.

2. Rammyblues

Rammyblues

Season tickets are up for renewal so Neymar, Messi and something big going to happen, club get the money and lots of publicity but in reality no chance on either. Provides perfect smokescreen for Tixi et al to target and sign the players we actually need without too much fuss. Win win situation all round for the club.

3. Pell

Pell

4. adr2.8i

adr2.8i

Father, Lover, and Buffoon
  5. SPIDERBOY

SPIDERBOY

From TMW.....

According to latest Spanish sources, 29-year old Argentinian star winger/forward Lionel Messi, after having been seemingly close to say Barcelona FC farewell, has agreed with Blaugrana on a new contract, lasting until June 2022, featuring a 30 million euros net annual salary. The official announcement will be probably delivered after Liga race is set.

6. skiddypants

skiddypants

So he is on his way here then.

7. Arthureros

Arthureros

It would be a big statement but no thank you. He's on the decline and taking Barcelona with him.
    And there's the little matter of the young Spanish lad from the academy *name escapes me, who'll turn out alright if he's half as good as Messi.

8. Akiva

Akiva

This bullshit again?

In what way, shape or form is Lionel Messi (50 goals, 11 assists for Barca this season) "on the decline"?

I personally think Mbappe might well be a better investment of the money, given our frontline make-up, but come on now.

9. Arthureros

Arthureros

Glad we're on the same page.
    Don't misunderstand me, the guy still got phenomenal skills and plays some cracking games for Barca hence the impressive stats but lately when I watch him, he goes missing sometimes. 180+ mins against Juve is one instance.
    His acceleration and break on the ball is out of this world and what sets him apart. He's 29 now and like every other forward player, won't be keeping it up for long.
    I'll believe Pep anyways and hope we build a team which will dominate European football for 5yrs atleast.

10. Steve68

Steve68

Just 50 goals? What a slacker. Get a walking frame Grandad.