Listening To City Games On The Radio Or Going To The Pub (with BT/Sky shafting us)

Anyone going to either listen to our games on the radio this season or go to the pub? I can't justify paying what Sky/BT want.. it is astronomical and someone has to take a stand the bubble needs to burst..

Anyone joining me?

To be honest I quite enjoy listening to our games on the radio, it is like reading a book and sometimes the imagination side of things makes it more enjoyable, the suspense..

Malty. There are loads of alternatives out there ie streaming boxes/sites etc you can get every game wether its on bt/sky it won't cost you alot or is free. I have stopped going to away games due to the cost but i never miss a City away game on the box etc.

Didn't there used to be a jingle on Radio Manchester (I think that was the BBC service - we could sometimes pick it up in Pendle but it was very temperamental) that went "GOAL ACTION - ON 206!!" whenever there was a goal in a match involving the regional teams? Used to give me a bloody heart attack - City would (eg) be 1-0 up with 1 minute to go, that jingle would go off, and whoever presented the show would go.."Awful news... for Rochdale... as Mansfield have pulled one back - 3-1 now at Spotland".
They used to have a quiz show (phone in) on before each 3 pm Saturday show and if you win, the prize was usually 2 tickets to whichever of City or United was playing at home the next weekend. In 1981 I won and was absolutely convinced I was off to see City play Norwich in the FA Cup (a game we won 6-0). Imagine how pissed off I was when a book on motocross arrived in the post!

I am sacking Sky off soon. Got a Now TV box for the entertainment and a You View PVR. I go to all home games and watch the away in the pub so there is no need. Just keeping the phone and broadband.

I've got a box I pay £10 a month for - it has every channel, including Irish and American one's so I can watch 3pm kick offs, BT sports, Sky etc... And not a penny of my money goes into Rupert Murdoch's or BT's back pocket!

Brilliant.

Took the dish off our house around a decade ago now.... Not missed Sky since.

Don't get me wrong, they helped pioneer sports broadcasting over here and I had lived in a Sky tv home for most of my life but they charged astronomical fees in my view.
I'm skint, I can't justify paying £50pm when I'm struggling to pay for food and Gas/Electric.

if sport was much cheaper and accessible I'd happily pay for it but the likes of Sky wish to be greedy and thus lost my custom.

Same applied with Spotify. when it was £5.99pm I paid it for a few years. Soon as they upped it to £10pm I cancelled immediately.

Right now I watch most football online, streamed through my Tv.

if a service became available which matched online streams which they charged for and this was reasonably priced i would pay it... But these companies haven't moved with the times.... Same with their newspaper monopolies (The Sun actually insist on a subscription to view their website hahahahahaha)

I get too nervous/ anxious listening to the radio. Hate it when they raise their voice when the ball is in our half. My natural pessimism means I assume theyre going to score everytime

Me too. I know that if I have the radio on we will concede. Every time we play away and Stelling yells a goal is scored I always think it's just gone past Joe Hart. Mind, it can bring it own joy in abundance. I was travelling up the M6 the day of the 1-6 and told Mrs Ewing we weren't having Radio 5 on 'cos the Swamp Donkeys would score. I even suggested we gave it a ten minute delay after full time in order to conjure up a draw for us!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.