Listening To City Games On The Radio Or Going To The Pub (with BT/Sky shafting us)

IT will cost me more to go to the pub for two games than it would to pay sky for a months viewing, so although I hate the price, I am sticking with it shot term until I get one of those £10 a month boxes mentioned above. A mate has had one for 18 months and had no problems.

On the ITS A GOAL from the old Piccadilly radio, I used to listen intently and my heart went in my mouth when I heard OH NO and then the relief when they said the words. United, Oldham, Stockport etc. Also the reverse for the ITS A GOAL jingle, I was like Come on PLEEEAAASSSE. ha ha, great memories. I suppose its the same on Soccer Saturday when you hear Champagne Charlie shout GOAL and you know he is covering the City game..... which way charlie come on which way FFS!!

Also whilst on the Nostalgia trip, remember the old Maine road scoreboard that used to flash up the goals from around the local grounds (I think it started with SCORE or GOAL before saying which team), and then everyone in the kippax shushed and watched the scoreboard and if it was a goal against the rags, then it was party time :-)

I recall speaking to a lad at a game last year who reckoned he'd used a vpn or a spoof IP address and signed up to Sky Sports India as they stream every Prem game live. I never bothered trying it myself as I wasn't entirely convinced it could be done without registering from an Indian address.

I always listen to GMR when not there or on TV but it does my head in at times, as others have said they start talking about Santa strolls, the weather etc. when you can hear from the noise the crowd is making that something is going on but they are just rambling away. Also sick of hearing how every team north of Birmingham are going on when I want to hear the ruddy game, not how Macclesfield are getting on against Forest Green. Especially when we are away from home and not on TV it should be full match commentary as lost times of how many goals I've missed due to going "round the grounds".

Cheesy is the only thing that makes is listenable, not sure what Goater like as he does the home games but fred eyre really winds me up, you can tell when an attack has broken down from his audible moans, is overly critical of us (even when winning) and has the nerve to be called a "City legend." I know the fella was very ill recently but I can't stand him on the radio and he is certainly no legend.

GMR could do much better job of it imho

If I can't get to the game I stream both the radio (through the OS) and game through the laptop and plug it into the TV with an HDMI cable. Sometimes its bang on, sometimes a slight delay, but hey ho....I'm not paying Sky or BT
I wonder if there's a way of delaying either the audio or video stream by a few seconds, to make them line up together. Anyone?

GMR is good.
If you are not into the whole vpn or kodo box thang it is worth noting that BT don't limit the number of devices you can register and you can use an HDMI out on all of them, unlike Sky.
I have BT and have 3 phones and 2 tablets registered to it that can all stream via HDMI to tv.
If you have a mate with BT a pint a month would seem reasonable to get the logon details.
You do have to listen to Michael Owen tho.

SkyGo can be shared around but they limit the devices, can only change the devices once a month and HDMI only works on laptops, not phones/tablets.

SkyGo can be shared around but they limit the devices, can only change the devices once a month and HDMI only works on laptops, not phones/tablets.

You can buy a cable which connects to your phones USB port and has an HDMI socket.

But the better solution is you can buy a SmartTv and sync whatever is on your tv screen onto multiple devices such as Smartphones.
My tv has a web browser, i select whatever match i wanna watch through the web browser, and my next door neighbour can connect his tablet to my tv :D

Anyone going to either listen to our games on the radio this season or go to the pub? I can't justify paying what Sky/BT want.. it is astronomical and someone has to take a stand the bubble needs to burst..

Anyone joining me?

To be honest I quite enjoy listening to our games on the radio, it is like reading a book and sometimes the imagination side of things makes it more enjoyable, the suspense..
. Install this www.tvaddons.ag on PC/mac/android all free sports/tv/movies

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.