Liverpool 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good win for them today. Fair play he gets them up for it in the big games.

It was mainly Fenway that I was thinking about, similar to recent Anfield expansion in many ways. Logic in MLB would be a larger stadium for a franchise as big as Red Sox? Saying that, I do like Fenway.

True, I do like Fenway too. It's a beautiful old ballpark but pretty cramped and uncomfortable compared to the modern ones.

I wonder what the response will be from the Sun, their owners and their other business interests. Will Liverpool be ignored by those interests in return. No back page coverage. No mention on the radio. Minimum number of matches shown and those shown are against the less popular teams.

I wonder what the response will be from the Sun, their owners and their other business interests. Will Liverpool be ignored by those interests in return. No back page coverage. No mention on the radio. Minimum number of matches shown and those shown are against the less popular teams.
The Sun could play the time card: It's nearly 28 years, Kelvin McKenzie has long gone and many of those who wrote the lies are likely to have retired or be working for other papers. The problem with that scenario is that it implies Liverpool fans (and Scousers in general) are grief monkeys. It also ignores the fact that they gave little coverage to the latest inquest.
It's trickier for Sky as the Dippers have a huge number of moronic fans who believe you can support a team via the medium of television. With Sky figures down I can see the spat with The Sun being swept under the carpet as so many people don't see the Murdoch link. Talkshite will just carry on talking shite; it's what they do. I suspect the club will also treat Sky and Talkshite as completely different entities to the Sun.

Playing at 3 on Saturday every week can only be good for the dippers and their fans.

The Sun could play the time card: It's nearly 28 years, Kelvin McKenzie has long gone and many of those who wrote the lies are likely to have retired or be working for other papers. The problem with that scenario is that it implies Liverpool fans (and Scousers in general) are grief monkeys. It also ignores the fact that they gave little coverage to the latest inquest.
It's trickier for Sky as the Dippers have a huge number of moronic fans who believe you can support a team via the medium of television. With Sky figures down I can see the spat with The Sun being swept under the carpet as so many people don't see the Murdoch link. Talkshite will just carry on talking shite; it's what they do. I suspect the club will also treat Sky and Talkshite as completely different entities to the Sun.
I reckon that the Sun's owners will see themselves as bigger than Liverpool. If the "greatest game in whole of Christendom" against the rags is not shown by Sky then we will know something is afoot.

However I wonder if it is some sort of masterplan by Liverpool to get individual tv rights. If Liverpool can show that they are singled out then they could argue foul play and that clubs should be in charge of their own tv rights. I realise that is a bit far fetched but you never know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.