Liverpool 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers for checking 25% wage increase the last few years seems a lot.
It was a £4m allowable increase last season by the way and £7m for the next 3 years.

Until I checked I hadn't realised that profit from player trading could be used to offset wage increases. Personally I think it's a bit dubious as if you sell a player for £30m who cost you £20m two years ago, in cash terms you've only made a cash profit of £10m but in accounting terms you've made a lot more. If the player was on a 5-year contract then your paper profit would be £18m. However that's what it is and just as well for Liverpool.

Oh dear, no wonder they're losing money.

If true, their wage bill is laughable especially since they have by far the worst bench in the top 6. They will need to spend big this summer if they have any ambitions, which is quite questionable IMO.

It was a £4m allowable increase last season by the way and £7m for the next 3 years.

Until I checked I hadn't realised that profit from player trading could be used to offset wage increases. Personally I think it's a bit dubious as if you sell a player for £30m who cost you £20m two years ago, in cash terms you've only made a cash profit of £10m but in accounting terms you've made a lot more. If the player was on a 5-year contract then your paper profit would be £18m. However that's what it is and just as well for Liverpool.

Shame really would of liked to see or not see the shit storm if they did fall foul of FFPR

Beating the Tarquins is a great way to prepare for Burnley's first away win next week...

Are they back ? what year is it - theirs ? is the open top bus ready and where can they buy the T shirt.

Delusion levels on RAWK are still high I see.

I totally agree with that last point. If you look at City as an example, they have a lot of great players, but they do switch off a lot and don't always put in a shift, just play within themselves. If Klopp was there he would fill it with players who had that extreme work rate, who would never give up and they would become unbeatable probably.

That's right, instead of Pep we need a world class manager like Klopp who can motivate the players.

Delusion levels on RAWK are still high I see.

That's right, instead of Pep we need a world class manager like Klopp who can motivate the players.

Im guessing he would also fill it with players who cant win the so called easy games or cup finals?

Thanks RAWK but you stick with Klippity and we will just get on with it under Pep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.