Liverpool 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roberto Firmino's move from Hoffenheim to Liverpool is under the microscope after FIFA's investigation into Paul Pogba's switch to Manchester United from Juventus.

The 25-year-old moved to Anfield in 2015 for £29million, establishing himself as a favourite on Merseyside.

But, according to Football Leaks: The Dirty Business of Football, Bundesliga side Hoffenheim received just £5.8million of the fee, with the rest going to owner Dietmar Hopp's company Transfair.

It is alleged that Hopp withdrew his business interest in the company just days later.

The claims come in the same week FIFA launched their investigation into Pogba's £89million move to Old Trafford last summer.

FIFA may be interested in the Firmino saga, but there is no suggestion that Liverpool are guilty of any wrongdoing.

The Brazilian is on a basic waage of £68,085 a week at Liverpool, but has earned a staggering £1.1million in bonuses since his move.
A "special and unique" transfer.

I am a Liverpool fans but the problem is exactly that he isnt available even half the time. No top team would have him because although on his day he is a good fooking player the problem is when he isnt playing and he is injured anc you need a recognised striker.

Even having him on an appearance only contract say 100k per appearance is still eating at your wage budget at least ours at LFC. I would love nothing more to have sturridge on that type of contract but it isn't going going to happen because it is still a lot of money we can't afford.

Thd sad thing is is that as much as I like sturridge I don't think we should be all over a sudden glossing over the fact he hasnt played in weeks and has ultimately cost the team more than what he has contributed.
Correct me if im wrong but arnt you the second or third highest wage payers in the league ?

Correct me if im wrong but arnt you the second or third highest wage payers in the league ?
718edb35c97200924c679bc58ca6425f.png

I'm not sure it's not completely made up. Our wage bill with its reliance on bonuses won't be finalised until after the final round of fixtures, especially with top 4 in the balance.

I'll also just leave this here
http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/liverpools-wage-bill-soars-25-9979636
Yep. Those figures he's quoted are utter and complete bollocks. Liverpool's wage bill was over £208m in their 2016 accounts. And they made an operating loss of over £58m before transfer dealings, even after getting to both the League Cup and Europa League finals. Those transfer dealings gave them a profit of £42m (mainly from the sale of Suarez). If it wan't for the new TV deal kicking in this season they'd be reporting huge losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.