Liverpool 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same pressing philosophy but no team structure with the ball and no intention to build up with the ball. As I said too reliant on counter pressing and hence too reliant on opposition mistakes. Can't force the issue when needed and imo this will become more and more apparent.

Counter pressing is just a way to retain possession. Without quality in possession, no team will amount to anything.

Both Chelsea and Hull had 9+ players behind the ball, pretty much the whole time.

I am a bit surprised that you would single out "no ideas in build up" and "no ideas when in possession" as Klopps weakness. If I were to single out Klopps absolute strengths in Dortmund, it would be exactly that.

I would say that Klopps biggest issue is that his offensive play and counter pressing demand insane intensity. If players dip in intensity, or if quality in offense is lacking, Klopps teams can look disoriented, get stretched and look out of sync.

He has had a problem with rythm too. Liverpool has gradually improved the ability to impose their high tempo football and control play. The issue has been that they get stuck in a gear that takes too much energy. You can see the improvement in control, massive difference from last season. But still an issue. So this summer Liverpool worked hard on a couple of formations that deals with the fatigue issue. The best example is the 4-5-1 that was deployed last 30 against Chelsea and Arsenal. The same setup that Liverpool practiced pre season against Barcelona in the second half.

0 goals conceeded in that formation. Closed down 4-3 against Arsenal and 2-1 against Chelsea. So at worst he is at least a two trick pony.

Last edited:
Jimmy Milner in Garth Crooks' team of the week .... at left back, LOL!

Funny when he said he was leaving to play central midfield! He said that full back (right back to be exact) was his least favourite position.

I guess that at the dippers he is one of the main men rather than a (very good) squad player. Liverpool are good to watch at the moment but I think that they will run out of steam by January.

I must admit that I find Klopp entertaining - shows you do not have to be a complete c*nt (Maureen) to be a character.

I am a bit surprised that you would single out "no ideas in build up" and "no ideas when in possession" as Klopps weakness. If I were to single out Klopps absolute strengths in Dortmund, it would be exactly that
He's gone from having Reus, Gundogan and Gotze to that Liverpool team mate, hardly down to Klopp. Go watch the Chelsea Liverpool game again, they had all the ball and needed a set piece and a worldie because they didn't get in behind Chelsea once.

Counter pressing is just a way to retain possession. Without quality in possession, no team will amount to anything.

Both Chelsea and Hull had 9+ players behind the ball, pretty much the whole time.

I am a bit surprised that you would single out "no ideas in build up" and "no ideas when in possession" as Klopps weakness. If I were to single out Klopps absolute strengths in Dortmund, it would be exactly that.

I would say that Klopps biggest issue is that his offensive play and counter pressing demand insane intensity. If players dip in intensity, or if quality in offense is lacking, Klopps teams can look disoriented, get stretched and look out of sync.

He has had a problem with rythm too. Liverpool has gradually improved the ability to impose their high tempo football and control play. The issue has been that they get stuck in a gear that takes too much energy. You can see the improvement in control, massive difference from last season. But still an issue. So this summer Liverpool worked hard on a couple of formations that deals with the fatigue issue. The best example is the 4-5-1 that was deployed last 30 against Chelsea and Arsenal. The same setup that Liverpool practiced pre season against Barcelona in the second half.

0 goals conceeded in that formation. Closed down 4-3 against Arsenal and 2-1 against Chelsea. So at worst he is at least a two trick pony.
Interesting points raised.not watched Liverpool over 90 mins this season so not able to judge but looking at your points,it maybe that Klopp will continue to develop their style and improve the team further over the next few months.

I noted a comment by Pep post Swansea ,when he said our team was no where near how he wanted it yet.scary.

Applying that logic to Klopp, it seems that there may be at least another level for his team to reach yet.
I have been outspoken with my criticism of Liverpool these past few months but maybe they will turn into
formidable opponents in time.

Everyone looking forward to Sky sucking Kliperty off tonight on MNF as they claim he is the worlds best at every opportunity and has reinvented the game lol?

Kipperty has an international break clause in his contract which can be activated if a country wants him....

Southgate is manager of England until June....

Would he swap his Beatles T-Shirt for fat les?

(I wonder how RAWK would react to that rumour)

Sorry if this has already been posted, but just read today in the Süddeutsche Zeitung (my local Munich paper) that Ian Ayre will start to work as directory of 1860 München. 1860 is owned by a Jordanian businessman (pocket size sheikh) and apparently he has managed to convince Ayre to come to Germany. 1860 plays in the 2nd bundesliga.

Don't ever underestimate the power of the double reverse flippsy jinxy. In saying that we'll do well and "Win it" it instead actually means that we will do poorly and be fighting relegation. Remember, vigilance is key. You have to constantly check over the shoulder and be on your constant guard of the scouse dark-arts. The only way to reverse a scouse double reverse flippsy jinxy is to turn your back to a mirror and say "Lorra lorra laughs at Mick's chippy" 3 times on a rainy day.
Should there not be a "how tickled I am" in there somewhere ??

Notty ash in my lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.