Liverpool 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't we lucky

Plans to expand Anfield further may not go ahead because Liverpool are worried about fans being angered by the ticket price rises needed to fund it.

In February thousands of fans protested against plans to charge £77 for some tickets in the club's new main stand.

"Ticket prices are an issue in England," said owner John Henry. "That may foreclose further expansion."

A fans' group called the news "disappointing", adding it would like clarification on the situation.

Liverpool's redeveloped main stand has increased Anfield's capacity to 54,074.

That is an increase of about 8,500 seats and plans for the next phase of the redevelopment would see the Anfield Road end extended, adding another 5,000 seats.

But Henry said: "I don't know if there will be a next step."

Last season, Henry's Fenway Sports Group apologised to fans and reversed plans to increase ticket prices after supporters staged a walkout during the 2-2 draw at home to Sunderland.

"These comments are a little surprising and disappointing for some supporters." said James McKenna from the Spirit of Shankly fans' group, who were involved in February's protest.

"There is outline planning for the work and it seems a little disingenuous that we have never been told that ticket prices would impact the decision to redevelop the Anfield Road end.

"At a time when the club has increased revenues, to suggest that making an extra million pounds or so would prevent further expansion going ahead is a little strange; maybe John Henry should clarify what he means."

Lucky to get a win at Swansea, I heard it on the radio earlier but just saw match of the day. Fuck me that was a sitter missed in the last minute

This is for Oakie hope he see's this. You tube put in search Jurgen Klopp plays bowls with 3 Liverpool fans. Not saying me or Oakie are dippers , but as masters of the greens he might enjoy it.

Just tag him mate. Put an @ before his username like this @oakiecokie and it will notify him the next time he logs on.
You sir are far to clever, however I was thinking we could do this with Pep but not film it, just in case oakie got beat and went off on one. Or I can waite for Mr Halford to walk past with his two dogs and put it to him ;-)
Bernard knows his way round a crown green.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.