Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the strange thing they are some of the most knowledgeable fans about the game in general it's all very strange

Are they though?

What do they know about...
... regularly getting dodgy refereeing decisions against them (or ever even getting one bad call at home)?
... being sucked into a relegation battle?
... having the good grace and common decency to not boo as an opposing player is stretchered off (twice now - Yaya and Ederson)?
... keeping their dicks in their pants until their team has actually won the league?
... starting a season, knowing in your heart and soul that your going to be lucky to finish fourth from bottom?
... being ridiculed by sections of the media, regardless of whether you're top of the league or winning cups for cock-ups?

They're far from "the most knowledgeable of fans" (©Sky).
They simply haven't lived it to know it. Theirs has been a cosseted existence that has brought out in them a sense of entitlement that borders on delusional.

Of course, there are some individual exceptions (I know a few, myself) but no more than any other club, in my experience (including ours). This myth that has grown up about their general population being a body of intimate connoisseurs of the beautiful game is utter bollocks - and an insult to every fan of a lower league club, about whose yearly struggle they simply know fuck all.

The difference between City fans and Liverpool fans, on Saturday nearly every City fan I met at the ground were predicting a tight game perhaps even a Burnley win every Liverpool fan I met thought they had a chance against Spurs, there seems to be a level of delusional entitlement despite the clear evidence that they are quite poor and have been for years hence it's always their year, it's no joke to a man at the beginning of each season they all say the same. Here's the strange thing they are some of the most knowledgeable fans about the game in general it's all very strange
Is there the slightest bit of evidence to back that claim? I've heard this shite so often from the wankers who write for the Echo and the general media morons but I've met lots of dippers and really can't see them as being any more knowledgeable than supporters of any other club.

The difference between City fans and Liverpool fans, on Saturday nearly every City fan I met at the ground were predicting a tight game perhaps even a Burnley win every Liverpool fan I met thought they had a chance against Spurs, there seems to be a level of delusional entitlement despite the clear evidence that they are quite poor and have been for years hence it's always their year, it's no joke to a man at the beginning of each season they all say the same. Here's the strange thing they are some of the most knowledgeable fans about the game in general it's all very strange

I don't think any Liverpool fan says it will be their year.This is what other fans claim about us.It's nonsense. As for the Spurs game ,we were confident and there's nothing wrong with that.But yes our defence let us down,yet again.Top 4 looks like a struggle.

Are they though?

What do they know about...
... regularly getting dodgy refereeing decisions against them (or ever even getting one bad call at home)?
... being sucked into a relegation battle?
... having the good grace and common decency to not boo as an opposing player is stretchered off (twice now - Yaya and Ederson)?
... keeping their dicks in their pants until their team has actually won the league?
... starting a season, knowing in your heart and soul that your going to be lucky to finish fourth from bottom?
... being ridiculed by sections of the media, regardless of whether you're top of the league or winning cups for cock-ups?

They're far from "the most knowledgeable of fans" (©Sky).
They simply haven't lived it to know it. Theirs has been a cosseted existence that has brought out in them a sense of entitlement that borders on delusional.

Of course, there are some individual exceptions (I know a few, myself) but no more than any other club, in my experience (including ours). This myth that has grown up about their general population being a body of intimate connoisseurs of the beautiful game is utter bollocks - and an insult to every fan of a lower league club, about whose yearly struggle they simply know fuck all.
I will never ever forgive them for their disgraceful behaviour in 2014.

After we showed respect for the Hillsborough 25 year memorial pre-match, they proceeded to boo and jeer every time one of our players was in possession.

Absolute and utter bunch of WANKERS.

Reading the post-match thread on RAWK and the level of delusion of some of their fans is delightfully undiminished.

"We only lost due to individual errors"
"It took Klopp time to build that Dortmund team"
"Our stats were better than Spurs"
"We've only been beaten twice and by the two top sides"
"Spurs are actually quite average"
"We'd have won if we hadn't conceded that 3rd goal on the stroke of half-time"
"It'll be fine when Clyne, Lallana and Mane are back"
"Don't panic. Klopp will sort it out"
"Klopp is still trying to repair the damage Rodgers did"
"We just need Keita, a good CB and keeper"
"It was just one of those days where they played well and we didn't"

Blah, blah, blah.

It doesn't seem to occur to them that:
  • Their defence is making individual errors because there is no organisation either among the back four themselves or in front of them.
  • If they do make an error there's no one there to rescue them. It's the same problem we had last season to a large degree.
  • Their players are, by and large, outstandingly average. The keepers, the defence, Can, Henderson, Milner, Wiijnaldum, Firmino
  • Klopp has failed to improve them as a collective and failed to improve individual players. Whatever he's trying to do isn't working.
  • They have a huge wage bill and simply aren't getting value for money
  • Their transfer policy is woeful
Long may their delusion continue.
that is spot on but Klopp cant see it. Maybe he has been found out as his high press doesn't work if you dont let them score in the first 30 minutes. Louvren has been thrown under the bus by Klopp, yes he had a bad game but singling him out in the media is really going to help. I dont believe there are many world class defenders in the premier and the position is changing. This means you have to defend more as a team.
Look how Pep has changed the defensive frailities this season from last, by buying better fullbacks and passing the ball accurately from the back. It is alot easy to defender if you play like United or Wolves yesterday, put 8/9 players across the 18 yard box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.