Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klopps meltdown and ability to become a victim is legendary and no wonder the scousers love him lol

Mark Lawrenson has just stated that Liverpool are the best team in the league this year on MOTD extra.

Also just added that they’re every neutrals second favourite team.

Where does this rubbish come from? Deluded nonsense lol.
They're so good they're only 16 points from top....and 17 from the relegation zone. Mind the gap!

What the fuck is a neutral? Someone who doesn't follow the sport?

I know I'm going against the grain here but I have sympathy with Klopp.

We've seen it all too much, far too much this season. There are teams that want to play football and those that don't. I'm never one to shout down a side for being defensive, but just as against us teams aren't just playing defensively; they're not playing at all.

I'll never pretend to be a fan of that club, heck I can't even call them by name. They have the most self-entitled fans and the club has this really weird cult of personality about it. But I admire the way they play, big time. Philosophically, they're not too different from us. It's just they exercise that philosophy with a different approach. Statistically, they're the only team close to us in terms of both chances created per game and chances conceded per game. With every passing game they're getting closer and closer to the Dortmund side of yesteryear. They attack fantastically, and just like us last season they've been hamstrung by dodgy finishing, and error-strewn defending/goalkeeping.

But imagine how it feels when you work so tirelessly in the week and all season and all last season to create this identity to play football in the way that you really believe in. Something that's good on the eye and good for the sport too.

And then this fat, cynical fucker comes along with a team that doesn't even try to have an identity. A team whose only purpose is to harm the way you play, with no intent to play their own way. A team whose only goal is to somehow fluke it, which is what they got thanks in part to a young forward who we know doesn't need a second invitation to go over (Walker red card). Imagine how that must feel to someone who is as obsessed with good football as Pep is. You think Pep wouldn't have been pissed off too? Sure he was a bit over the top with his reaction, but so he should be. Exactly as Pep was vs Southampton.

I don't like that club. Or their fans. And at the end of the day they still ought to have won, and the blame lies there. But this kind of football we're seeing these shitty teams play is sickening. Again, defensive is one thing. But this is taking the piss.

We've seen it all too much, far too much this season. There are teams that want to play football and those that don't. I'm never one to shout down a side for being defensive, but just as against us teams aren't just playing defensively; they're not playing at all.

I'll never pretend to be a fan of that club, heck I can't even call them by name. They have the most self-entitled fans and the club has this really weird cult of personality about it. But I admire the way they play, big time. Philosophically, they're not too different from us. It's just they exercise that philosophy with a different approach. Statistically, they're the only team close to us in terms of both chances created per game and chances conceded per game. With every passing game they're getting closer and closer to the Dortmund side of yesteryear. They attack fantastically, and just like us last season they've been hamstrung by dodgy finishing, and error-strewn defending/goalkeeping.

But imagine how it feels when you work so tirelessly in the week and all season and all last season to create this identity to play football in the way that you really believe in. Something that's good on the eye and good for the sport too.

And then this fat, cynical fucker comes along with a team that doesn't even try to have an identity. A team whose only purpose is to harm the way you play, with no intent to play their own way. A team whose only goal is to somehow fluke it, which is what they got thanks in part to a young forward who we know doesn't need a second invitation to go over (Walker red card). Imagine how that must feel to someone who is as obsessed with good football as Pep is. You think Pep wouldn't have been pissed off too? Sure he was a bit over the top with his reaction, but so he should be. Exactly as Pep was vs Southampton.

I don't like that club. Or their fans. And at the end of the day they still ought to have won, and the blame lies there. But this kind of football we're seeing these shitty teams play is sickening. Again, defensive is one thing. But this is taking the piss.

Great post and I totally agree. If we are celebrating BFS taking a point from the Dippers there is something wrong, awful team, awful manager and eveything that is wrong with football.

Nah, fuck them. It's a masterclass if someone does it to City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.