Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was a Liverpool fan, instead of walking around with a hard on for 2 weeks after today, I'd be asking serious questions of a squad that can , on a annual basis, raise their game to such an extent where they look like world beaters against the league leaders....yet can't beat the 'meat n potato' teams regularly.
It's freaky weird. I'm sure Liverpool fans now think it's ok to finish 4th cos they beat the league leaders again.

Agree.

That’s why I said in the post-match thread that they are like a cup team.

This 18 game unbeaten run they are on to be fair to them is impressive, it has has cemented them in the top 4, however you still feel watching them they are not a marathon team.

Agree.

This 18 game unbeaten run they are on to be fair to them is impressive, it has has cemented them in the top 4, however you still feel watching them they are not a marathon team.
Its like what I posted in your post match thread.

We won a good game of football (for the neutral and for the winner) tomorrow once the dust has settled on today's game we will have to ask ourselves why we needed to score 4 goals to win a game of football. How often do your team have to go I to training and direct a game were for have scored 3 but still got beat.

I think we have got a cup team mentality I think if was added to by rafa who would always put the CL before the league by resting players against teams like reading.

I think we do raise our game against to top clubs but yet we have a situation of after the lord mayor's parade cause we will likely draw against Swansea a week tomorrow.

As fans we recognise it and we ask it all the time why and how can professional footballers not motivate themselves against lesser opposition which is basically what it is down to plus maybe the fact that some of our players just aren't good enough to churn out result after result week in week out which is what you need to win the league.

We won a good game of football (for the neutral and for the winner) tomorrow once the dust has settled on today's game we will have to ask ourselves why we needed to score 4 goals to win a game of football. How often do your team have to go I to training and direct a game were for have scored 3 but still got beat.

I think we have got a cup team mentality I think if was added to by rafa who would always put the CL before the league by resting players against teams like reading.

I think we do raise our game against to top clubs but yet we have a situation of after the lord mayor's parade cause we will likely draw against Swansea a week tomorrow.

As fans we recognise it and we ask it all the time why and how can professional footballers not motivate themselves against lesser opposition which is basically what it is down to plus maybe the fact that some of our players just aren't good enough to churn out result after result week in week out which is what you need to win the league.

Agree with all of that.

Klopp needs to bring in more quality, plus the board need to stop selling the best players.

I think the hardest aspect Klopp has in improving Liverpool is turning them from this sort of game raising/ cup team into a winning marathon league team because it’s harder than it looks.

Do that and Liverpool will compete next season and be a big threat.

Agree.

lol

I'm starting to think Liverpool played the coutihno transfer perfectly. Everyone has been wondering who can they buy to replace coutihno

But they bought his replacement 6 months earlier in Oxlaide-Chamberlain. He had 6 months to train with coutihno and be broken in.

Now Liverpool have an adequate replacement AND 140 million in the bank.

Quite simply we need a better goalie and a fit VvD. With the players we have and Keita and hopefully one or two others to come in we will be set fair.

I'm starting to think Liverpool played the coutihno transfer perfectly. Everyone has been wondering who can they buy to replace coutihno

But they bought his replacement 6 months earlier in Oxlaide-Chamberlain. He had 6 months to train with coutihno and be broken in.

- £75m for Van Dijk and £48m for Keïta

They need to keep investing and strengthening. They would be up there this year but went on a horrid run of 1 win in 9 after we tonked them, and all because their heads dropped once Mane went off. Even today, we should all be talking about how they "crushed" us and "buried" us, instead I sit here thinking "well, they got away with it again because they couldn't defend a 3 goal lead properly and nearly blew it". That was far more nervous or edgy than it needed to be for them and is symptomatic for them in the past few years.

We have a huge mentality issue going to Anfield we can't solve, they have a huge mentality issue at the back that they need to invest in to fix and Van Dijk won't be enough. They were one Aguero header from being psychologically destroyed today, and fair enough they weren't, and full credit for them beating us, but if I were a Dipper tonight it would be playing on the back of my mind and I would be worried about this critical weakness that has the potential to undermine anything good they start doing.

Ha ha you are a one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.