Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor performance against the bottom of the table. No excuses, simply a bad team performance. Its how we go on from here that will determine our league position. Onwards and hopefully upwards, lol.
By the way, us losing last night has no bearing at all on whether we will challenge for the title next season, after all you had your moments last year didn't you?

Building something special was Klopp you said ;-)

Oh he is don’t you remember 6th, 7th, 8th? Plus still above Spurs and Arsenal with Spurs having to play Manchester United next. No need to panic.... yet. (Cue Huddersfield victory lol)

Trust me if you ever win anything like the Carabao Cup it will not then be a crappy cup... it will be lauded as the greatest competition in world football. Good try at belittling what other clubs are aiming for this season though!

Kenny won it in 2012. Don’t think too many of us were over the moon but was nice to see us lift something. People regard it as a crappy cup but it isn’t. It’s the foundations of building a title challenging team for me. Doesn’t José always win the league cup/FA cup before winning the league or something?
Might be someone else I can’t remember.

whatever it is you showed last night yet again you have it in spades and are making zero progress towards being a title winning team

Zero progress is harsh. I’ve said above. Apart from Brendan’s one season our league finishes have been awful.

You seem like a decent fan ... a lot better actually than the media who have been on a grade A wank-fest from 5 day before the game to round about now. And credit for showing up this evening also. I do think you deserved your win (albeit with a bit of lady luck), but an alien arriving from Planet Zarg would have believed that you guys were 15 pts clear and wiping the floor with everyone given the post-match coverage. Not you fault of course, but explains some of the caustic responses you've received here.

Yeah I know most City fans think it was an overreaction. But the way to look at it is, that’s how incredible you’ve been, that reaction to the game tells me nobody thought you would be beaten. Because you’re THAT good.

Streets ahead of everyone. I’d love it if that was the reaction to beating Liverpool. Like you’ve just pulled off a 2005 CL comeback. But in actuality it’s just 3pts.

Shows how far you’ve come. Look at the reaction to the Swansea defeat. It’s ‘same ol Liverpool, no surprise there.’ Even after 18 games undefeated

Poor performance against the bottom of the table. No excuses, simply a bad team performance. Its how we go on from here that will determine our league position. Onwards and hopefully upwards, lol.
By the way, us losing last night has no bearing at all on whether we will challenge for the title next season, after all you had your moments last year didn't you?
So next year is your year?

After 01/01/2017 our only losses were against Chelsea and Everton. The equivalent would have been losing to Sunderland.

Throw in Aztec Bars, Yates Wine Lodge, Austin Allegros and this era of domination...

Liverpool%2006.jpg
Can't remember Aztec bars.....a picture and description please.
Who can forget the iconic allegro

You really need to stop comparing your club/side to ours lol.

Mind the gap!

Yeah I know most City fans think it was an overreaction. But the way to look at it is, that’s how incredible you’ve been, that reaction to the game tells me nobody thought you would be beaten. Because you’re THAT good.

Streets ahead of everyone. I’d love it if that was the reaction to beating Liverpool. Like you’ve just pulled off a 2005 CL comeback. But in actuality it’s just 3pts.

Shows how far you’ve come. Look at the reaction to the Swansea defeat. It’s ‘same ol Liverpool, no surprise there.’ Even after 18 games undefeated

That's not true though is it?

Numerous pundits were tipping Liverpool to beat City before the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.