Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. Like I said most Liverpool fans had a ‘good riddance’ reaction to that transfer.

I took it hard because I really liked him but most other fans didn’t care. Especially because £50million was coming the other way.

Which is why he’s been vilified in the press, takes more stick from ex players and is booed incessantly and Klanfield.

IVE BOOED? Nope wrong. I haven’t. Ever. Not against Sterling.

Now I can’t speak for every Liverpool fan. But I’ve never booed.
Don’t paint us all with the same brush. There’s enough of that going around already as it is. Bad mistake.

Probably because you’ve never been there.

Thanks mate. You have to have thick skin. And I’ve liked the discussion I’ve had. It’s really interesting hearing other fans point of view, I’m not boxed in my Liverpool world only listening to Liverpool fans and Liverpool pundits. I wanna hear everyone’s opinions I think it’s so cool. I just hope my opinions come across as nice discussion/banter and nothing more. I might have to try harder at that.

Truth is Sterling was my favourite player at Liverpool during his time. Obviously Suárez was great, but I always liked Sterling. And when he left I never understood the hate from pool fans. What’s more I never understood the “ah well, he’s rubbish. Moving on” I always said and still think to this day he will do great things. Maybe not world class, but I think he’ll be a very good PL player. Just because he left doesn’t mean my opinions of him are blinded.

Like I’ve said. I’ve never booed him. What’s more I’ve never booed anyone. You know how when players take corners,throw ins, goal kicks or celebrations and you see fans swearing at them calling them names, middle finger making hand signs etc? I find that disgusting!

I mean what’s the point? What’s more is you can bet that if their team signed that player they’d suddenly all love him. Fans are fickle
Good post. And yes, fans are indeed fickle, particularly on internet fan forums. Not too long ago I'd be reading the post match comments on here when we had lost a game and anyone who went against the general consensus of opinion was ridiculed even threatened, yet most of those arguing the toss were blues! I say most as there are/have been a few trolls who delight in wum-ing, but most I think have been weeded out. Whether you're a blue on here or a fan of another team, it's all about opinion at the end of the day. As long as an opinion is reasoned, it is valid so IMO, carry on posting mate.

I've worked and drank all over the UK, and i enjoy nothing more than talking football in pubs. Met fans of many different clubs and had good banter and laughs in doing so. Many a time I've worn a City shirt/T-shirt or metal club badge and have drunk in some real rough pubs many wouldn't of gone in, and had I been a united fan I wouldn't of chanced wearing anything with a rag badge on.

Never had a problem talking with Liverpool Everton leeds Newcastle Sunderland Celtic rangers all the London teams and even most united fans.

Although about 3 seasons back I remember a time in a pub in London when I was watching a united match on TV. Most were fans either Arsenal spurs or Chelsea fans. But I remember hearing a cockney rag giving it out so said something controversial about united to be asked - "who's your team"? Manchester City I replied. He turned his back on me in disgust. So I tapped him on the shoulder asking what his problem was and he came out with some shit about us being plastic so I soon became all bull like to a red rag! His mates were listening in and it soon got heated.

So Iirc, I said "So I take it you go to Old Trafford then, and where in Manchester do you live?".."Erm, I'm not from Manchester".
"So how come you're a united fan then?
"Erm, My uncle is From Manchester and he took me to a friendly once and I've been to the superstore". I replied "listen mate, I'm from Manchester, and I've been to Old Trafford a lot more times than you and I'm a blue, now fuck off dickhead".

His mates took the piss out of him on hearing this and one said "he's a proper City fan from Manchester" and the rag felt so embarrassed, he didn't have a anything else to say.

I haven't got a problem with glory hunters generally, even rags. I don't have a problem with blues who aren't from Manchester either. I have mates who are from all over the UK and from USA Australia Holland and Scandanavia.

But one thing I do have a problem with is plastic fans of rival clubs saying we are a plastic club with no history. Red rag to a bull like I said; )

I'm a bit shocked at the way some blues are coming at him. It is a bit over the top. Shades of Rawk and Rag-caf attitudes.

As to the issue of booing, I've never understood fans dislike for players who leave. Just boggles my mind. Yes, Liverpool fandom is silly and childish when it comes to Sterling, but this isn't unique to them.. I really need Sterling to have a massive game. Perhaps a hattrick. As I think a large part of it is that they think their boing affects him.
He seems a good egg to me mate.

Nope. Like I said most Liverpool fans had a ‘good riddance’ reaction to that transfer.

I took it hard because I really liked him but most other fans didn’t care. Especially because £50million was coming the other way.

Right mate, explain in considered fair terms why all the booing for Sterling?

I appreciate you coming on here, I think your heart is in the right place and you have answered a lot of posts directed at you that you could have ignored. But can you explain to me what all the booing has been about?

I appreciate you coming on here, I think your heart is in the right place and you have answered a lot of posts directed at you that you could have ignored. But can you explain to me what all the booing has been about?

I honestly couldn’t tell you. Seems to me a typical “you left us so I don’t like you” boo. But what I don’t get is if they truly didn’t care he left. Why are they so upset and booing him?
I have no idea. Unless there’s something I don’t know about or can’t remember? My friends refer back to the way he acted around the time of the rumours and his eventual departure. Can’t remember what they said in specific.

Good post. And yes, fans are indeed fickle, particularly on internet fan forums. Not too long ago I'd be reading the post match comments on here when we had lost a game and anyone who went against the general consensus of opinion was ridiculed even threatened, yet most of those arguing the toss were blues! I say most as there are/have been a few trolls who delight in wum-ing, but most I think have been weeded out. Whether you're a blue on here or a fan of another team, it's all about opinion at the end of the day. As long as an opinion is reasoned, it is valid so IMO, carry on posting mate.

I've worked and drank all over the UK, and i enjoy nothing more than talking football in pubs. Met fans of many different clubs and had good banter and laughs in doing so. Many a time I've worn a City shirt/T-shirt or metal club badge and have drunk in some real rough pubs many wouldn't of gone in, and had I been a united fan I wouldn't of chanced wearing anything with a rag badge on.

Never had a problem talking with Liverpool Everton leeds Newcastle Sunderland Celtic rangers all the London teams and even most united fans.

Although about 3 seasons back I remember a time in a pub in London when I was watching a united match on TV. Most were fans either Arsenal spurs or Chelsea fans. But I remember hearing a cockney rag giving it out so said something controversial about united to be asked - "who's your team"? Manchester City I replied. He turned his back on me in disgust. So I tapped him on the shoulder asking what his problem was and he came out with some shit about us being plastic so I soon became all bull like to a red rag! His mates were listening in and it soon got heated.

So Iirc, I said "So I take it you go to Old Trafford then, and where in Manchester do you live?".."Erm, I'm not from Manchester".
"So how come you're a united fan then?
"Erm, My uncle is From Manchester and he took me to a friendly once and I've been to the superstore". I replied "listen mate, I'm from Manchester, and I've been to Old Trafford a lot more times than you and I'm a blue, now fuck off dickhead".

His mates took the piss out of him on hearing this and one said "he's a proper City fan from Manchester" and the rag felt so embarrassed, he didn't have a anything else to say.

I haven't got a problem with glory hunters generally, even rags. I don't have a problem with blues who aren't from Manchester either. I have mates who are from all over the UK and from USA Australia Holland and Scandanavia.

But one thing I do have a problem with is plastic fans of rival clubs saying we are a plastic club with no history. Red rag to a bull like I said; )

My response to someone telling me they support another team has never been to turn my back in disgust. That’s so crazy.
“ugh. You support them? Don’t talk to me”

Like what? Lol.

I get the internet thing a lot though. In person I’ve generally got on with a lot of fans supporting teams from all over the place, but when it comes to forums it’s difficult. One thing gets taken out of context and it all kicks off.

I honestly couldn’t tell you. Seems to me a typical “you left us so I don’t like you” boo. But what I don’t get is if they truly didn’t care he left. Why are they so upset and booing him?
I have no idea. Unless there’s something I don’t know about or can’t remember? My friends refer back to the way he acted around the time of the rumours and his eventual departure. Can’t remember what they said in specific.
The lad has been booed left, right and centre up and down the country. His every touch at Anfield has been greeted with some of the loudest boos I have either heard and you, the only LFC fan I can remember with the balls to come on here and discuss it, has no idea why?! I am sure you are telling us the truth, but this makes me despair at the general mentality of your fanbase. Your comment about the way he acted sounds interesting, but his actions would have to border on criminal to justify the abuse dished out.

City haven’t sold because they haven’t come in for any of your players. Don’t think you’ve had anyone that’s really stood out like Suárez did. What happens though if Real want Aguero? Or Barca want Sané?

They haven’t come in for our players because other clubs have been probably told there’s no chance of a transfer happening. As for Suarez, pretty sure a former Barca director said that they tried to sign Aguero before they went in for Suarez. We’re not a selling club. The last big player we let go was Tevez, which was a deal which was best for both City and Tevez, considering what happened the season before he left. Liverpool have been a selling club for years now. Any top class player that Liverpool have will be snapped up by one of the big boys. Alonso, Mascherano, Torres, Suarez, Sterling, Coutinho. That’s just over the last ten years. Salah will be gone by summer 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.