Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well on German TV they did :-)
While I think Liverpool were lucky to get away with a win, the energy and early pressing they displayed made me worry slightly about City playing them. I fear we will make easy mistakes and grant them lots of chances. Same happened to Hoffenheim, and I actually thought they passed the ball quite well. Mane and Salah look quick and dangerous on the break.
The ref had his back to the ball and was speaking to an Hoffenheim player as Liverpool decided to play on without him. He should never be allowed another CL game after that bit of nonsense.

Thought the Germans looked by far the better footballing team but Liverpool got the breaks.

Well just about everyone in this thread agrees that Samir Nasri sucks - and so do I.

Where I differ - big time - from the 15 or so posters who have replied to my posts - is that Nasri is *potentially* - again - *potentially* - one of the best footballers on the planet.

The problem with Nasri is that he is lazy and doesn't apply himself - add to that, he's got a toxic quality about him, poisoning the dressing room if he feels slighted by management.
=======
Many of those who have replied to my posts claim that Nasri is too old - he's done - not the player he once was - etc.

To this - I reply that Nasri is 30 years old. Same age as the best player currently in world football - that guy who plays for Barca. 30 is a bit old - but not so old that he's way beyond his prime, completely unable to be world class.
========
So this is my point once more - it's crazy to trade a *potentially* hugely talented player to any of the other 5 clubs in our league who may challenge us for the title.

It's probably a good thing to loan him to Pool though - as I don't see that Pool is going to challenge for the title - but I could be wrong - that too could hurt us.

Let's just say that there's a 5% chance or so that if traded to a top PL club, Nasri gets pissed at us and uses that as motivation - he then leads whatever rival club he's been traded to to take 6 points off us.

IMO - that will seriously damage the chance we have for winning the title.

Best thing is to sell Nasri to some non-PL club. 2nd best is to keep him (even if he's totally useless) and never plays - this is insurance. Next best is to loan him to a weak rival (Pool) and hope that he takes points off stronger rivals while not performing so well as to make that weak rival a true title contender.

Well just about everyone in this thread agrees that Samir Nasri sucks - and so do I.

Where I differ - big time - from the 15 or so posters who have replied to my posts - is that Nasri is *potentially* - again - *potentially* - one of the best footballers on the planet.

The problem with Nasri is that he is lazy and doesn't apply himself - add to that, he's got a toxic quality about him, poisoning the dressing room if he feels slighted by management.
=======
Many of those who have replied to my posts claim that Nasri is too old - he's done - not the player he once was - etc.

To this - I reply that Nasri is 30 years old. Same age as the best player currently in world football - that guy who plays for Barca. 30 is a bit old - but not so old that he's way beyond his prime, completely unable to be world class.
========
So this is my point once more - it's crazy to trade a *potentially* hugely talented player to any of the other 5 clubs in our league who may challenge us for the title.

It's probably a good thing to loan him to Pool though - as I don't see that Pool is going to challenge for the title - but I could be wrong - that too could hurt us.

Let's just say that there's a 5% chance or so that if traded to a top PL club, Nasri gets pissed at us and uses that as motivation - he then leads whatever rival club he's been traded to to take 6 points off us.

IMO - that will seriously damage the chance we have for winning the title.

Best thing is to sell Nasri to some non-PL club. 2nd best is to keep him (even if he's totally useless) and never plays - this is insurance. Next best is to loan him to a weak rival (Pool) and hope that he takes points off stronger rivals while not performing so well as to make that weak rival a true title contender.
Isn't it better to loan him ? I'm sure he's not allowed to play against his parent club. Might be wrong ?

Isn't it better to loan him ? I'm sure he's not allowed to play against his parent club. Might be wrong ?
You are correct - but a loan risks the chance that Nasri somehow plays to his potential or nearly so for the full season - making whatever club we sell him to a real title contender.

I'm inclined to think that Nasri won't play to his potential at all - so a loan to Pool may be good. But then again, Klopp might be just the manager to finally bring on the best in Samir - if that happens, a loan to Pool could prove disastrous - so safest course of action - trade him to some team outside our league - hopefully to someone we won't meet in the UCL competition.

Yes, I will explain why.
In the CL they will play the best team, players with slight injuries will play. They will also be playing better teams at a higher intensity and will affect league performances.
In the EL players with injuries will not travel, 3 or 4 will be rested for the league matches and the EL is not prioritised.
I thought the difference was obvious.
Unless they have a few dodgy PL results or we and a couple of others build a good lead in which case they might want to follow the rags example and push for the Europa.
A good run in the League Cup will also see them testing their squad depth.

Many in the cult think Alli is ready to step up to a big club and win things. Working with a decent manager at Liverpool would help him realise his potential and turn him into a decent player. Also he would also cost less than a third of £150m they would get for Coutinho.

He is of course a member of the cult since childhood.

The only problem they can see is that Levy might stop Alli following his dream to improve himself and play for a big club by refusing to sell.

Liverpool aren't having a great window so far. And if they lose Cotinho they've gone backwards. I guess they still have THE James Milner though

Many in the cult think Alli is ready to step up to a big club and win things. Working with a decent manager at Liverpool would help him realise his potential and turn him into a decent player. Also he would also cost less than a third of £150m they would get for Coutinho.

He is of course a member of the cult since childhood.

The only problem they can see is that Levy might stop Alli following his dream to improve himself and play for a big club by refusing to sell.

Alli... Dele Alli? He'll cost them a lot more than a third of £150mil ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.