Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread.

It’s a clear foul. What pisses me off is these pundits saying it’s not a foul but I gurantee you if that happens anywhere else on the pitch and it doesn’t lead to a goal you’d get everyone in the world saying “foul”. Everyone wanted us to get beat that’s why all the pundits were saying “no foul have to be stronger”. Fucking bollocks it was straight in the back, Stones is a numpty for not going to the floor. If he did the foul would have been given.

This is what I've been saying since Sunday mate...can't believe how many people think it wasn't a foul.
Stones definitely in front of pearly white and only way pearly could get to the ball was to bang Stones in the back...ie foul him.
Yet people say Stones was weak ffs...Sheesh

Jebus....Our fans are over analyzing this more than Pep. Maybe we should follow his lead. Have 2 days off, forget about it as that game is over, and concentrate on beating the horse punchers.
The thing is its not that this is a one off type of incident against us - maybe its the same for all away teams everywhere in the Prem but when we are away at the moment the referee seems to be doing as much as possible to help the opposition. Penalties for marginal tackles in the box, and the licence to 'go through' players without any chance of a red, whilst we pick up yellows for the merest thing - witness Sterlings ridiculous yellow on Sunday.

People talk about Stones needing to be strong, but in reality it was the ref that needed to be strong, especially at Anfield where the fans are probably the most partisan in the league: the tendency to whistle when we are posession is amazing - its like being away in Europe - I hope we never do that. Meanwhile little nudges here and there (the De Bruyne and Stones incidents being typical) and in a marginal game that can easily swing the balance as once a player knows that the ref is going to let you nudge people you are going to do it wherever and whenever you can.

We are definitly going to need to be mentally tougher at Anfield but in the absence of the referee doing the same it can only help us so much in the game: great fightback in the last 20 though.

The thing is its not that this is a one off type of incident against us - maybe its the same for all away teams everywhere in the Prem but when we are away at the moment the referee seems to be doing as much as possible to help the opposition. Penalties for marginal tackles in the box, and the licence to 'go through' players without any chance of a red, whilst we pick up yellows for the merest thing - witness Sterlings ridiculous yellow on Sunday.

People talk about Stones needing to be strong, but in reality it was the ref that needed to be strong, especially at Anfield where the fans are probably the most partisan in the league: the tendency to whistle when we are posession is amazing - its like being away in Europe - I hope we never do that. Meanwhile little nudges here and there (the De Bruyne and Stones incidents being typical) and in a marginal game that can easily swing the balance as once a player knows that the ref is going to let you nudge people you are going to do it wherever and whenever you can.

We are definitly going to need to be mentally tougher at Anfield but in the absence of the referee doing the same it can only help us so much in the game: great fightback in the last 20 though.

It's blatantly obvious that we are being refeereed differently. The "Game management" the officials use is noticeable and I'm sure one of the stattos on here can prove it. Despite it were 12 points clear.

It's blatantly obvious that we are being refeereed differently. The "Game management" the officials use is noticeable and I'm sure one of the stattos on here can prove it. Despite it were 12 points clear.
Anyone with eyes can see that refs treat City more harshly than the opposition.
Many opposition fouls are considered fair tackles, yellow cards just as fouls and red card offences as yellow cards. But it's a double whammy as Many City tackles are fouls. Fouls are escalated to yellow cards and some refs give us reds for tackles or yellows.
It's been like this since 2011.

Last edited:
Anyone with eyes can see that refs treat City more harshly than the opposition.
Many opposition fouls are considered fair tackles, yellow cards just as fouls and red card offences as yellow cards. But it's a double whammy as Many City tackles are fouls. Fouls are escalated to yellow cards and some refs give us reds for tackles or yellows.
It's been like this since 2011.
anfield has always been the same.you have to win to draw there.it won't change anytime soon.

And the Fernandinho (not) hand ball. That said, I feel it will toughen us up - players & teams at the highest level never let you win, we have to be 'on it' every second of the game. That's the lesson we must learn.

Not really surprising, but after the 5-0, all we heard was Mane, Mane, Mane (even though he was rightly penalized for foul/dangerous play at a time when L'pool were already losing). Yet not one media report has mentioned we were missing 5 starters, including our best midfielder and both our left backs. Add injuries to our fixture list and it's a miracle we got to Jan 14 before being beaten. And even then, as a Scouser fan at work graciously admitted "if the game had gone on 5 more mins, you'd have levelled it".

It’s a clear foul. What pisses me off is these pundits saying it’s not a foul but I gurantee you if that happens anywhere else on the pitch and it doesn’t lead to a goal you’d get everyone in the world saying “foul”. Everyone wanted us to get beat that’s why all the pundits were saying “no foul have to be stronger”. Fucking bollocks it was straight in the back, Stones is a numpty for not going to the floor. If he did the foul would have been given.
In light of the reaction to the Mane incident at the Etihad, this "no foul" nonsense makes complete sense. In a world where going studs first into someone's head at full speed isn't considered worthy of a red, what can we expect when Firmino 'only' slams Stones in the back?

This is what I've been saying since Sunday mate...can't believe how many people think it wasn't a foul.
Stones definitely in front of pearly white and only way pearly could get to the ball was to bang Stones in the back...ie foul him.
Yet people say Stones was weak ffs...Sheesh
It was a foul but Stones should have been stronger, however more importantly he should have had the positional sense not to try and nick the ball that's what cost him and that is why I believe Pep is looking at Evans.

Evans will provide cover but more importantly he will help the likes of Stones positionally in my opinion.

And I'm not trying to turn this into another Evans thread there is already one I just think the Stones incident gives a little insight into Peps thinking.

Not really surprising, but after the 5-0, all we heard was Mane, Mane, Mane (even though he was rightly penalized for foul/dangerous play at a time when L'pool were already losing). Yet not one media report has mentioned we were missing 5 starters, including our best midfielder and both our left backs. Add injuries to our fixture list and it's a miracle we got to Jan 14 before being beaten. And even then, as a Scouser fan at work graciously admitted "if the game had gone on 5 more mins, you'd have levelled it".
10 more mins and we'd have won it... The truth is we weren't shit in this game, we were just shit for about 20 minutes and got severely punished. If anyone wonders if we can recover from this, the last 15 minutes showed that we already have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.