Liverpool Banned from signing academy players for 2 years.

domalino

I know this isn't City academy news but think it belongs on this forum because the story relates to them reporting us over Louis Moulden's transfer and could potentially be the start of a Premier League "crackdown" on these kind of things which would obviously affect the City academy.

Mods obviously feel free to move it if you don't agree with me.

Last edited:
I heard they got caught during an investigation after they complained about us poaching a youth player or something along those lines. Pretty funny if thats true (hope we didnt do anything wrong!).

I heard they got caught during an investigation after they complained about us poaching a youth player or something along those lines. Pretty funny if thats true (hope we didnt do anything wrong!).
Hmm: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...g-academy-players-two-years-illegal-approach/

"They are not the only Premier League club currently under investigation. Manchester City face the prospect of similar or heavier punishment as they await the outcome of ongoing investigations into their youth recruitment."

495924770Armband3.jpg

We are very aggressive when it comes to signing youth players, took Everton's best two at 12's a short time ago. Any club that loses a player will be reporting each other

I think an "investigation" happens with every move between clubs now. New rules seem to have a bit of teeth so hopefully we've done everything by the book.

We are very aggressive when it comes to signing youth players, took Everton's best two at 12's a short time ago. Any club that loses a player will be reporting each other

Clubs are keeping dossiers on each other's dodgy moves apparently and sort of threatening each other.

The premier league also had an amnesty where clubs who'd broken the rules could come clean without punishment which is ridiculous.

Liverpool have been fined £100,000 by the Premier League and handed a two-year ban on signing academy players from other clubs for a rule breach.

It relates to the club's approach to a 12-year-old academy player at Stoke City in September last year.

Liverpool will be banned from signing any academy players who have been registered with a Premier League or EFL club in the previous 18 months.

This second year of the ban will be suspended for a three-year period.

In September 2016 Liverpool made an application to register the Stoke City Academy player and compensation was agreed.

But the application was rejected by the Premier League Board.

An investigation by the Premier League found that Liverpool spoke to the youngster and his family before they should have and also paid for him and some of his family to attend a game at Anfield.

Liverpool also offered to pay the player's school fees, which were being paid by Stoke at this time, but this was a breach of newly-introduced regulations which state a benefit can only be offered if it is applicable to all youngsters across the club's academy and this was not the case.

Premier League rules ban the offer of any inducements from clubs to encourage a move.

Liverpool have admitted the rule breaches

Just as well we have our "own school". ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.