Liverpool Banned from signing academy players for 2 years.

They definately edited it. I saw the original story and was going to post on it when I got back to a computer with keyboard.
So you see, the City PR department is doing somthing!

and still Liverpool have not paid the huge debt that the parents built up for the school fees that Liverpool reneged on. The family are now having to sue LFC.
Further until Liverpool pay the compensation the youngster cannot play for another club.

Have they no shame ? (no need to answer)

and still Liverpool have not paid the huge debt that the parents built up for the school fees that Liverpool reneged on. The family are now having to sue LFC.
Further until Liverpool pay the compensation the youngster cannot play for another club.

Have they no shame ? (no need to answer)

Liverpool FC really is a special club.

Instead of blowing smoke up klipperty's arse the wankers of the press should question him about this, mind you if you weren't on here you'd not know anything had happened. I've seen nothing in the mainstream press to suggest they even want to report it bar a small piece where the BBC were hoping to catch us as the main byeline.

Interesting to note that the Telegraph is going to town today over the Liverpool's actions WRT this kid.
Article 1: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...r-youth-signing-lie-tapping-cover-up-scandal/
Article 2: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...tapping-up-saga-qa-case-exposed-happens-next/
Other, older articles I haven't highlighted
Article 3: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...-row-intensifies-stoke-chairman-also-seeking/
Article 4: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...g-academy-players-two-years-illegal-approach/
Apparently they asked the parents to "lie". Seriously, if City were found guilty of these offences would we be punished in a similar (fairly lightweight) manner?
I hope we never find out, but Liverpool have got away lightly on this charge.

Also interesting to note that the Telegraph's Merseyside football correspondent is having nothing to do with the story...

Last edited:
...During a meeting with the elder son of the family, which he recorded on his mobile phone, Liverpool told him the club were willing to pay a £5,000 debt incurred in school fees but were unable to do so while his parents pursued a formal complaint against them.

...academy director Alex Inglethorpe and head of academy football operations Nick Marshall – neither of whom is one of the aforementioned two representatives – did meet the eldest son of the family on Nov 25.

Inglethorpe more than once told the elder son that Liverpool could not pay the bill incurred by the parents or sign the boy while the family were pursuing a formal complaint against the club with the Premier League. He then said, “Do you think we’re bothered about five grand?”, with Marshall interjecting, “It’s Liverpool Football Club,” before Inglethorpe continued, “For God’s sake, I would happily write you a cheque now for it. Happily.”

Inglethorpe then said it was the Premier League which told him Liverpool were not permitted to settle the family’s debt or sign the boy while the grievance process remained active. Asked what would happen if the complaint was withdrawn, Inglethorpe replied: “It changes things.”

Don't know whether I should be appalled that "Liverpool Football Club!" were trying to extort parents into dropping a complaint, or laugh myself silly that "Liverpool Football Club!" got caught out by a teenager with a mobile phone.

Re the above I have been reading and folowing the Telegraphs 'exclusive'. There does seem to be a cover up and a total playing down by the Premier League and of course Liverpool. The fact that the family were told by Liverpool to lie to investigators is a disgrace and the punishment of the club is so leniant it is amazing.
Whilst the rules are mostly sensible the 11 year old cannot now play for any academy until they pay Stoke £49,000. Why is the boy being punished ? Liverpool should be made to pay the fee and the boy released as a free agent. Liverpool should have been ordered by the Premier league to settle all debts as part of the punishment, as it is they are having to take the scousers to court.

Finally, as BlueAnorak says would we be punished in a similar way ? No chance.

Inglethorpe came from Spurs and Marshall from Forrest - so no direct link with City as former employees (thank goodness).
It is astonishing that the kid gets punished more than Liverpool.
Par for the course though I guess.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.