Liverpool Play-off Draw 11am Friday

It doesn't, playoff round losers qualify too.

I recall that Irish team Dundalk having a mad run last year and getting knocked out in this round, they were guaranteed Europa League group stages.
Just had a look at last year, I stand corrected. I Thought Dundalk had qualified for the Europa by right.

Hardest possible draw for Liverpool. Unfortunately Bayern have taken two of Hoffenheim's best players (Sule and Rudy), otherwise I'd be confident of them winning the tie. Now I reckon it'll be close but the 2nd leg at Anfield will mean Liverpool might just have enough.

Wagner upfront had a decent season and got into the German national side. They have Kramaric (briefly at Leicester) that some may know but they are largely a team of unknowns unless you watch a lot of Bundesliga. Their manager Nagelsmann is the youngest ever coach in the Bundesliga and has got them playing very well. They looked certainties for relegation 18 months ago but he kept them up (comfortably in the end) and then had them competing at the top end all last season. The RB Leipzig story somewhat overshadowed their impressive season, but they are not well liked in Germany.

They got tough CL playoff draw. Hoffenheim will be tricky. All pressure will be on Liverpool also, despite tough draw.

Champions Route:

Seeded teams:
APOEL, Celtic, FC Copenhagen, Maribor, Olympiakos

Unseeded teams:
FC Astana, Hapoel Be'er Sheva, Qarabag, Rijeka, Slavia Prague

League Route:

Seeded teams:
CSKA Moscow, Liverpool, Napoli, Sevilla, Sporting Lisbon

Unseeded teams:
Hoffenheim, Istanbul Basaksehir, Nice, Steaua Bucharest, Young Boys Bern

Liverpool should qualify.

Celtic should qualify but made a pigs ear out of the last round so who knows.

No we didn't. We came through without two main strikers and centre halfs.

We had to win away and did. We will get through.

Celtic should qualify but made a pigs ear out of the last round so who knows.

No we didn't. We came through without two main strikers and centre halfs.

We had to win away and did. We will get through.

Scoring the only goal 20mins from the end of the 2nd leg is what I call making a pigs ear out of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.