Liverpool - post match thread.

As a blue who has followed us home and a good deal of away games and sadly cannot attend due to illness., it baffles me how we fail to fill the stadium, even on the big games such as yesterday, when Sergio missed his chance in the last couple of minutes as they showed the replay the stadium was half full,how can you leave early in such a vital stage of the game unlike the mainly bad times of the 80s and 90s we have in comparison a world class team which has lifted silverware we could only dream about in my time of attending On the positive side the away support which was formidable when i travelled on A coach with the late Helen Turner[ god bless her] , still remains strong
The game was sold out yesterday. You can't sell a seat that has already been sold. End of story.
There's bugger all the club can do if people don't turn up or watch on concourse TVs or heaven forbid stand at the back of blocks because they want to stay dry.
The wankers who leave with plenty of time remaining are another story and one that's been debated on here many times.

That is clear but Pep is also about rotation, particularly when the match needs a tweak to unlock défenses. I thought Sterling was a good choice to be subbed yesterday
Pep was asked directly before one match about Nolito, I forget which one and he said words to the effect that it was because Sane had been so good.

empty seats against stoke can be accepted at a rearranged fixture and school night , yesterday however the game as been sold out for weeks , someone i know who has a contact for tickets and needed two on friday for yesterdays game , could only be offered 2 in separate stands not 2 together .
as for people leaving early dont even get me started

I didn't think there were that many empty seats yesterday. Corporates will always have empty seats become some of them have more money than sense.

The amount of scousers in the colin bell level 3 was a joke and has been for the opposition all season time the club stopped selling tickets for evwry game in advance 6 at a time! Everyone buying a ticket should require a membership 1 ticket per membership!

The game was sold out yesterday. You can't sell a seat that has already been sold. End of story.

I had a look on the OS about an hour before kick off and it appeared as though were still selling tickets unless this was the ticket exchange.

Spidey cam used for the purpose of not one bloody repetition of each time the fucking lino waved like a girlie in a 1D gig. Cünt should shove his red flag up his arse. Anyways, bet you it was at least 5 on sides, just in the 1st half, for our lads about to a chance position in the pitch.
All in all good point rescued from the FA and media darlings.

Across all competitions, yes. I'm talking 20 in the league, but let's break his scoring down:

His 13 goals in the Premier League (played in 22) have been:

vs Sunderland 1 (pen)
@ Stoke 2 (1 pen)
@ Swansea 2 (1 pen)
@ West Brom 2
vs Middlesbrough 1
@ Burnley 2
vs Burnley 1
@ Sunderland 1
vs Liverpool 1

8 goals in the Champions League (played in 7 games) have been:

@ Steaua 3
vs Gladbach 3 (1 pen)
vs Monaco 2

4 goals in the FA Cup (played in 4) have been:

@ West Ham 1
vs Huddersfield 2 (1 pen)
@ Middlesbrough 1

He also featured for 19 minutes against U****d in the League Cup, but I'm not going to count that as a competition we were taking seriously.

In summary, Sergio has played in 33 games this season and scored 25 goals, 5 of which have been penalties. On the face of it, this is a good return.
However, when you dig deeper into the statistics, he has only scored in 15 of the 33 games (45%) in which he has featured.

On a Premier League level, Sergio has scored in 9 of the 22 games (41%) in which he has played. Compare that with Ibrahimovic (48%), Mane (50%) Kane (50%), Lukaku (50%), Costa (62%) and he is lowest of the other best strikers in the league.

He's also only scored against one of the top 7 teams (there is a significant gap below Everton, hence this unusual cut-off point). Compared with Ibrahimovic, Lukaku, Kane (all 2), Mane, Costa (both 3), Sergio is again bottom of the pack.

Factoring in all of these things, plus Aguero's increasing lack of clinical-ness in front of goal, I maintain that we need an experienced striker who will score consistently.

(sorry for the long post, I got a little carried away).
I'll settle for those stats when he's settling into playing a new role. In his old role, he would have been more focused on scoring goals - predator in the box, but he's now more involved in the build up. Personally, I'd prefer to see him in the box more often. What about the seasons when he was injury ravaged, played about twelve games less than Kane and the rest and scored more ? To suggest we replace a player who is on track to score 30 for the season because he hasn't spread the goals as some would like is just nuts. Possibly taking him for granted. He's special because he does it year-in, year-out.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.