Liverpool - post match thread.

As a blue who has followed us home and a good deal of away games and sadly cannot attend due to illness., it baffles me how we fail to fill the stadium, even on the big games such as yesterday, when Sergio missed his chance in the last couple of minutes as they showed the replay the stadium was half full,how can you leave early in such a vital stage of the game unlike the mainly bad times of the 80s and 90s we have in comparison a world class team which has lifted silverware we could only dream about in my time of attending On the positive side the away support which was formidable when i travelled on A coach with the late Helen Turner[ god bless her] , still remains strong
That's just not true. It was not half full. Far fewer went than usual. Why add to the nonsense?

Totally agree. He gave his all at City. What a load of knobheads booing him.

If you remember Millner was clapped last year when he came back. Since he left he has been getting in sly digs at us and pandering to the Liverpool cult with his many interviews. He rarely spoke when he was with us but a bit like Scholes since he retired he now appears to never shut up. Add to that his arm swinging celebration when he scored against us last season and you can see why he got some stick on Sunday.

Blue Mooner said:
Lets also not forget Lallana, when he missed that chance he was 5 yards offside and it was not 'second phase' Had he scored that, it would have been a travesty and yet further evidence of the corrupt nature of the officials..
The same corrupt lino that offsided us the whole fucking 1st half.
Start naming names, pls.
Lallana was never offside. He was in an offside position but didn't interfere with play. "Second phase" isn't in the rules but if it means anything, when he had the chance it was second phase.
Did the liner flag because we were offside? The angles I've seen suggest he was right.

Last edited:
Rather than berating officials, over which we have no control, I'd like the kit man (or whoever has the job, as it certainly won't be the players), to put some studs in the players boots. I've never seen a group of players fall over as regularly as City this season (and we've probably been the worst for it for 3/4 years now, as well). They couldn't keep their feet against Monaco and against Liverpool, both Clichy and Stones fell over in our own box and Clichy fell over prior to the penalty. Aguero and Sterling both fell over in the same incident (second half, Aguero clean through after 1-2 with Sane). Sterling fell over going in with Mignolet along with a few others. Sorting the footwear is within our gift.

Not sure if anyone has said but thought Clichy was excellent- for once today.
Apart from single-handedly losing us 2 points. And the not being excellent bit. Yes apart from that, I'd agree.

More seriously yes he had one of his better games but I'd hardly call it excellent.

I fully understood Lampard not celebrating his goal against Chelsea. Didn't hold it against him at all. Of course, Milner does not and never did have anything like the status here that Frank Lampard had at Stamford Bridge, and it didn't much bother me that he celebrated his penalty. I also never held it against him that he went to Liverpool. But I did boo him at the end, in a bantering kind of way. And I virtually never boo players (wouldn't think of booing one of our own, just wouldn't think of it) unless I believe they are clearly cheating. Thus, I did boo Suarez against us on Boxing Day, 2013 because the fucker just kept falling over in the box. Thing is, we're getting utterly sick of Raheem Sterling being booed by their lot. Milner will probably never be booed again by us, because we really don't care, to be honest. But I bet you that Raheem continues to be booed by that lot.
Anyway, all this is not even a storm in a teacup. It's one in a thimble.
Penalties? No, sorry, I really don't think they're evening themselves out this season. At all. They will do over the decade, perhaps. I will concede that we've had maybe a couple of soft penalties awarded in our favour, that were at least debateable (for instance, I think the one on Zab at West Ham we wouldn't have much liked if it had been awarded against us, but in any case you can hardly say it made much difference in the end to the result). What we're looking at here, by contrast, is stone cold penalties or red cards. Luiz on Aguero where he is clearly past him and Luiz is the last man; Kyle Walker on Raheem; the Liverpool defender (can't remember who) who put his arms right around Kun on Sunday (it doesn't even matter if he was slowing him down or not, that is no part of tackling, especially in the box, so it is a foul, so it is a penalty, end of story); Milner clattering into Raheem in the second half, with no chance of getting the ball, when Raheem is through and about to score. These are not soft, well-maybe, well-maybe-not sorts of situations.
Anyway, we move on. Neutrals greatly admired our match, and the dippers played their part. As neutrals greatly admired our two matches against Monaco. Not much of a consolation, but I know I'd rather watch that than the unutterable dross played out at the Riverside. Nobody can consider this to have been a good season exactly, least of all Pep himself, but if we do cement top four, and get through to the final of the Cup it is, let us say carefully, acceptable, as a first season from Pep, on condition that there is a significant improvement in his second season. That's the way I see it, anyway.

Have we had a gif of the Milner foul on Sterling yet?

The potential leg breaker? In the debate about whether it was a penalty or not the fact that Milner put in a potential leg breaker on Sterling is being brushed aside. Look how high he catches him, it's an outrageous lunge and if the ref missed it then it should dealt with retrospectively.

another seriously bad challenge was Mignolets sprint out and double fisted lunge at Sterling as he is through on goal ,never gets near the ball,but all Sterling can do is nudge the ball to one side and jump out of the way or he would of been poleaxed

Last edited:
The potential leg breaker? In the debate about whether it was a penalty or not the fact that Milner put in a potential leg breaker on Sterling is being brushed aside. Look how high he catches him, it's an outrageous lunge and if the ref missed it then it should dealt with retrospectively.
But he'll no doubt say he saw it and thought it was OK.

Sorry, he'll be told to say he saw it and thought it was OK.

It's not Specsavers they need, it's an orthopaedic surgeon to put a backbone into them to stand up to PiGMOL and the FA. But they won't, as they're too afraid of losing their brown envelopes, sorry again, jobs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.