Liverpool - post match thread.

The whole video replay thing for potential offside decisions is doing my head in, has done for a long, long time now.

Either......
1 - they don't show it at all, which raises obvious questions (and eyebrows), especially when everybody who's paying attention can see that the decision was marginal.
or
2 - they use their "eye-in-the-sky" cam to show the sequence of play from a strange "behind the play" angle which clears nothing up and only serves in raising even more eyebrows
or
3 - they show it a few frames too late.

JUST TAKE A LOOK AT THE BALL WHEN THEY FREEZE-FRAME IT ON MANY OF OUR OFFSIDE DECISIONS ON TV - it's often not circular, it's like a white smudge (which I believe is very, very revealing) and then they follow it up with some sort of "WOW! great decision by the ref" nonsense, to "prove" that the ref "saw" one of our forwards toenails was 1" closer to the goal than the last defender and as such was offside.

Corrupt and obvious. We need some journalists or some other interested parties to grow some balls in this country (as they did in Italy) and take a very, very close look into this situation, but they never will :(

the time of the kicking of the ball and it leaving the foot that's a very big margin (a grey area) and can not been seen in just broadcast tv quality its needs to be frame by frame hd or better the time it takes is a matter of milliseconds and to see it with the naked eye is impossible

the time of the kicking of the ball and it leaving the foot that's a very big margin (a grey area) and can not been seen in just broadcast tv quality its needs to be frame by frame hd or better the time it takes is a matter of milliseconds and to see it with the naked eye is impossible

I know it's a grey area. The point I was attempting to make was that in general there will be three options when trying to find the camera shot that shows the point at which the ball has been kicked…..

1 - Clearly BEFORE the ball has been struck (ie. leg back …etc.)

2 – The approximate point at which the ball is struck (ie. NO ball movement)

3 – Clearly AFTER the ball has been struck (ie. Smudged ball)

It would seem (to my eyes at least) that a large number of the images we are shown by the TV companies for our offside decisions fall into the later of these three categories, which is then followed by much back slapping and hoorah’s for the ref from the commentators as the image has “proven” what a great decision it was, almost as if they need to validate the decision to be correct, instead of just checking IF the decision was the correct one. For the record, these smudged ball scenarios are uncommon for many other teams.

Then we have the "DON'T SHOW IT AT ALL" and the "SHOW IT FROM A WEIRD INCONCLUSIVE ANGLE" scenarios, and I'll leave it up to you to conclude when they show/don't show us these.

Anyway, just my observations.

I know it's a grey area. The point I was attempting to make was that in general there will be three options when trying to find the camera shot that shows the point at which the ball has been kicked…..

1 - Clearly BEFORE the ball has been struck (ie. leg back …etc.)

2 – The approximate point at which the ball is struck (ie. NO ball movement)

3 – Clearly AFTER the ball has been struck (ie. Smudged ball)

It would seem (to my eyes at least) that a large number of the images we are shown by the TV companies for our offside decisions fall into the later of these three categories, which is then followed by much back slapping and hoorah’s for the ref from the commentators as the image has “proven” what a great decision it was, almost as if they need to validate the decision to be correct, instead of just checking IF the decision was the correct one. For the record, these smudged ball scenarios are uncommon for many other teams.

Then we have the "DON'T SHOW IT AT ALL" and the "SHOW IT FROM A WEIRD INCONCLUSIVE ANGLE" scenarios, and I'll leave it up to you to conclude when they show/don't show us these.

Anyway, just my observations.

they are good spots matey and yes the images are edited and not even shown. the liverpool game was shocking and man city had 4 offsides in the first half and only sane was shown and just offside and the right call but the other 3 was clearly onside and that's why they was not shown and i even think they was not even close and sterling was clear and in
he knew and the look on his face says it was on

the whole point is both the officials and the tv broadcasting team are involved they say the officials don't have any contact with the host broadcast company but that's bollocks they even now have howard the red webb for Btsport and he still works for the FA premier league officials so there is noway the ref is running the game from the middle of the park on his own

the mic and earpiece all 4 officials have on must have a base and somebody monitoring it from a room so the room will have a tv and sound to watch the game the other week the the teams was coming out all 4 officials was together and the ref i think it was mike riley was talking to somebody on the mic it was not the 4th offical and he was looked into the stand it looked funny to me

again we all can see what as happened this season you have to be blind not to see it even the local BBC manchester ian cheeseman was put on garden leave for talking about it its been so shocking from the littlest thing like a throw in to 7 red cards 3 club fines and that many yellows you lost count after the 2nd game of the season you think after the chelsea game they would have kept it down a bit but if anything it got worst and now another club fine is coming after the game vs liverpool i don't even moan anymore a laugh at what i watch when city play its like another rule book is pulled out

they are good spots matey and yes the images are edited and not even shown. the liverpool game was shocking and man city had 4 offsides in the first half and only sane was shown and just offside and the right call but the other 3 was clearly onside and that's why they was not shown and i even think they was not even close and sterling was clear and in
he knew and the look on his face says it was on

the whole point is both the officials and the tv broadcasting team are involved they say the officials don't have any contact with the host broadcast company but that's bollocks they even now have howard the red webb for Btsport and he still works for the FA premier league officials so there is noway the ref is running the game from the middle of the park on his own

the mic and earpiece all 4 officials have on must have a base and somebody monitoring it from a room so the room will have a tv and sound to watch the game the other week the the teams was coming out all 4 officials was together and the ref i think it was mike riley was talking to somebody on the mic it was not the 4th offical and he was looked into the stand it looked funny to me

again we all can see what as happened this season you have to be blind not to see it even the local BBC manchester ian cheeseman was put on garden leave for talking about it its been so shocking from the littlest thing like a throw in to 7 red cards 3 club fines and that many yellows you lost count after the 2nd game of the season you think after the chelsea game they would have kept it down a bit but if anything it got worst and now another club fine is coming after the game vs liverpool i don't even moan anymore a laugh at what i watch when city play its like another rule book is pulled out

I would have liked to see some of those calls against Sterling again. I was also convinced there was an offside in the build-up to the penalty call against Clichy but never saw a replay that went back that far (same linesman). And it's true that where the picture is frozen to demonstrate the correctness or otherwise of an offside call is absolutely in the hands of the media with nothing to prove that it shows the exact moment the ball left the boot (or head) of the player making the pass.

I would have liked to see some of those calls against Sterling again. I was also convinced there was an offside in the build-up to the penalty call against Clichy but never saw a replay that went back that far (same linesman). And it's true that where the picture is frozen to demonstrate the correctness or otherwise of an offside call is absolutely in the hands of the media with nothing to prove that it shows the exact moment the ball left the boot (or head) of the player making the pass.

i think the (grey area) they call it is the get out of jail for the ref and linesman to pin point the moment and then see both the ball and the player onside or offside is just about impossible to the naked eye and you have to guess and the ref's know it but say they are 97% right or something like that

the game in the last 10 to 15 years has become much faster better players better movement the ball is much better even the pitches are better so the game needs to rethink about the rules and video replays are a must who cares if the game last 10 to 20 mins longer so what if your getting it right at the end. its not a game anymore its big business players and managers are losing there jobs big money is lost with going down or getting top 4 places or even winning the cups you now have to be getting it right

with the media all over the game video replays all available in game and after the game you can not hide it anymore. fans and clubs want answers if you have been done over by a offside or pen or sending off we don't want to talk it out anymore the days of football being just a game is over you jump on a phone laptop tablet computer everybody seen it the ref's is under the pressure and why when it could be all fixed in the game simple just bring in video replays

with the media all over the game video replays all available in game and after the game you can not hide it anymore. fans and clubs want answers if you have been done over by a offside or pen or sending off we don't want to talk it out anymore the days of football being just a game is over you jump on a phone laptop tablet computer everybody seen it the ref's is under the pressure and why when it could be all fixed in the game simple just bring in video replays
But it can be hidden. The TV Mediah only show good/bad decisions when it suits their agenda.

oh ffs another conspiracy

Not ANOTHER one mate, it's the same one... :D

.....corruption is a beast with many tentacles, (governing bodies/actions of officials/media involvement/etc…etc…etc...)
but as I have said previously, I’m just informing people of what I have observed when watching many, many matches in the Premier League this season in the hope that others may then also look, see and validate.

Anyway, if you get the chance to watch one of our games on SKY/BT just take a minute to look at the offside scenarios I have outlined, you MAY then begin to ask the questions I am currently asking.

The commentators start to chat absolute macca when there is something controversial that we have been denied. The cameras pan away to something irrelevant to distract and they hope it goes unnoticed so they don't have to speak about it. However, try it the other way around and it's a differerpnt story - they are all over it with endless replays and even ignoring good football afterwards to bicker about it. Clear double standards. Can't be arsed paying for it anymore.
Bang on the button.

got a question about skysports only showing offsides when its a close call or offside when city play

3 times in the first half city was flagged for offside but sky never shown them WHY but then they show the sane one when it was just off
now the lallana miss the first past over the top to firmino was never shown by the line camera but they shown it at every other angle but the line (this says to me its offside) and it looks offside in the other angles i seen

its all in the ear of the ref and somebody sat in the tv van or in the ref office and told what to show they have somebody controlling the replays and its so easy to see why manchester city are getting done over this season and why even make it more obvious to the watch public
And yet...some folk really cannot see whats actually going on.beggars belief.
Makes me feel sick that my club can be fucked around by the powers that be.
Its no longer a fair game.
It disgusts me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.