Liverpool Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
13/05/12 said:
Nathaniel Clyne will replace Johnson in the summer. Great deal for LFC. Young, talented right back. Good engine to support further up the pitch but defensively sound and always improving. Sagna contract talks were stalling for a while as he had interest from Juventus and he wanted a new challenge however with his improved form a pay rise has been agreed. For a while Clyne was on Arsenal's radars as a replacement but that is over with this news.

So you think Southampton's 2nd choice right-back is an upgrade for Liverpool's first team?

Riiiiiiiiighto.

13/05/12 said:
Nathaniel Clyne will replace Johnson in the summer. Great deal for LFC. Young, talented right back. Good engine to support further up the pitch but defensively sound and always improving. Sagna contract talks were stalling for a while as he had interest from Juventus and he wanted a new challenge however with his improved form a pay rise has been agreed. For a while Clyne was on Arsenal's radars as a replacement but that is over with this news.
Says?

waspish said:
13/05/12 said:

Can't see it myself are they going to waste another 15/20m on a right back

Johnson has been rubbish this season. Clyne will be a fantastic signing and he will be there for the long term. Suits the system Rodgers wants in terms of fluidity and movement and can slot into RWB when he goes for the 3 at the back.

I've been told that Southampton want to bring Aspas on loan until the end of the season but my contact is not aware of a clause which will allow him to move there permanently as part of the Clyne deal. I can't see this myself but I can guarantee Nathaniel Clyne will be a Liverpool player in the summer.

samharris said:
blue underpants said:
Rodgers charged over ref Mason comments, whining whinging twat he is
And its all down to the racist...If he didnt cheat so much he'd get more legitimate free kicks..and Rogers wouldnt make an ass of himself !!

All the dippers own doing..
Correct,you can't but help but fuckin dislike them and they're ragesque crying to the ref over every bastard decision .

13/05/12 said:
Where do you get that Clyne will go to Liverpool? Have not seen him play properly for a long time, but thought he would play for a top 6 club. Not sure Liverpool is the right move. He is still young and should keep his options open this summer. He has always been smart with his choices. Choosing Southampton over a couple of teams that got relegated showed it.

13/05/12 said:
waspish said:
13/05/12 said:

Johnson has been rubbish this season. Clyne will be a fantastic signing and he will be there for the long term. Suits the system Rodgers wants in terms of fluidity and movement and can slot into RWB when he goes for the 3 at the back.

I've been told that Southampton want to bring Aspas on loan until the end of the season but my contact is not aware of a clause which will allow him to move there permanently as part of the Clyne deal. I can't see this myself but I can guarantee Nathaniel Clyne will be a Liverpool player in the summer.

Fair enough he's a decent player and Rodgers will probably improve him also. What's the fee?

supercrystal7 said:
13/05/12 said:
Where do you get that Clyne will go to Liverpool? Have not seen him play properly for a long time, but thought he would play for a top 6 club. Not sure Liverpool is the right move. He is still young and should keep his options open this summer. He has always been smart with his choices. Choosing Southampton over a couple of teams that got relegated showed it.

I have a few contacts at clubs mate, mainly Arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham. I know about Clyne because he was on Arsenal's radar as a potential replacement for Sagna for the last year but Sagna's improved form this season means Wenger wants to keep him for a couple more seasons. He'll sign an extension. When I asked what this meant for a future move for Clyne I was told his agent has already been informed of Liverpool's interest. In the summer expect this deal to go through, personal terms have pretty much been sorted already.

Clyne is the future England right back. He is very talented and will be a top signing for Liverpool.<br /><br />-- Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:23 pm --<br /><br />
waspish said:
13/05/12 said:
waspish said:

Fair enough he's a decent player and Rodgers will probably improve him also. What's the fee?

16 million.

13/05/12 said:
supercrystal7 said:
13/05/12 said:

I have a few contacts at clubs mate, mainly Arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham. I know about Clyne because he was on Arsenal's radar as a potential replacement for Sagna for the last year but Sagna's improved form this season means Wenger wants to keep him for a couple more seasons. He'll sign an extension. When I asked what this meant for a future move for Clyne I was told his agent has already been informed of Liverpool's interest. In the summer expect this deal to go through, personal terms have pretty much been sorted already.

Clyne is the future England right back. He is very talented and will be a top signing for Liverpool.

-- Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:23 pm --

waspish said:
13/05/12 said:

16 million.

Fair enough. Not much competition at right back, but never thought Clyne had the potential of Zaha or Williams or would ever play for England. Bostock must really feel sick. Always like to see Palace boys do well and it helps the reputation of our academy.

supercrystal7 said:
13/05/12 said:
supercrystal7 said:

Clyne is the future England right back. He is very talented and will be a top signing for Liverpool.

-- Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:23 pm --

waspish said:

16 million.

Fair enough. Not much competition at right back, but never thought Clyne had the potential of Zaha or Williams or would ever play for England. Bostock must really feel sick. Always like to see Palace boys do well and it helps the reputation of our academy.

Zaha will regret going to Man Utd.

Lot of talk about him going to Arsenal this time last year. Wenger did not see him as a player who would live up to the fee Palace wanted. Judging by what I've seen of him I agree. He's an athlete with some tricks. Should have stayed at Palace and learnt from playing in a team fighting for survival straight up. He'd be more disciplined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.