Living in Bury?

Vibes, on Princess Parade was run by Tony and his wife, who sadly died around twenty years ago and his son Chris used to run Muze, which was where BHS is now. Prior to that Vibes was a double unit, Openshaws newsagents, with a small record department also run by Tony.

Not the same people on the Lawless hardware stall, but still in the same place on the corner of the indoor market.
Yeah i can remember when he passed away, i was working on Security in Millgate at the time, don't think the place was ever as popular afterwards, i did prefer Muze but only because they had my type of music and they always sold concert tickets there as well

If you job is in Manchester City centre don't forget to factor in about £120 a month on trams which you wouldn't pay if you lived in town. For a young lad I'd say town is preferable than any suburb if you can afford it

The Sweeney brothers owned Stormseal in the early eighties until it folded.....

Anyone remember these old Bury businesses?

Bostocks shoes

Tandy

House of Holland

Sam Taylors on Silver Street

Rod Brooks on Minden Parade

Pat Howard sports on Princess Parade

Vibes and Muze

Pilkington Cycles

The very first tiny JD shop, in exactly the same place they are now

Bunn's secondhand shop....."You won't be done if you sell to Bunn"

The Vac shop on Broad Street

Lawless's hardware stall in the indoor market

Booth's newsagents where the 02 shop is now

The organ loft

Steve's model shop on Bolton Street

James Sandiford Motorcycles on Walmersley Road.

All long gone...........

Wow some of those are a blast from the past, remember most of em.

Spent many a good night in bennys (but not in bryan robsons piano bar..), rebbecas (sams) then later on the roxy (I used to skate there when it was the arena). I even worked for those dodgy sweeneys at stormseal for a while at their office on the rock (near the yorkshire bank).
There was another nightclub near the indoor market but I think it got closed down due to a couple of stabbings iirc?

I enjoyed growing up in radcliffe/bury but wouldnt swap my current abode next to the indian ocean for my old flat on the dickie bird estate!

Bumpity bump
My eldest daughter has just secured a job with East lancs NHS Trust and her partner has applied for a job in border force at Manchester Airport, so Bury seems to be the neutral zone
What are the current recommendations?

Just the two of them. Late 20's. Fitness mad but enjoy a night out

Bumpity bump
My eldest daughter has just secured a job with East lancs NHS Trust and her partner has applied for a job in border force at Manchester Airport, so Bury seems to be the neutral zone

I grew up in bury, lived in the city centre for 15 years (I still work in the city), moved back to Prestwich/Whitefield where I have been for the last 10. Perfect area for both to get to work - just finding somewhere could prove tricky as both have seen a boom in recent years. Very rarely bother going out in the city as everything I need recreationally is available on my doorstep. Highly recommended for young couples with this being pretty much the key demographic as chorlton and didsbury are both too densely populated and expensive.

Bumpity bump

How can we possibly give advice without a photo ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.