Loan watch

Celina & Unal both played really well v Ajax over the weekend. Unal is a seriously awkward customer. He isn't always great in the buildup but suddenly he is, & he has real skill with his head, which few players do these days. Celina played some lovely touches.

But both imo overshadowed by Zinchenko for PSV, albeit he was playing v a poor side.

If I'd never seen him before, then after the last two times I'd be saying 'we have to sign this kid'.

I didn't see Silva at that age, but I very much doubt he was better, & Zinchenko has the advantage of being able to deliver a ball, shoot & take corners.

I will be surprised if he's not a regular in our team next season, if he keeps up that level anyhow.

Celina & Unal both played really well v Ajax over the weekend. Unal is a seriously awkward customer. He isn't always great in the buildup but suddenly he is, & he has real skill with his head, which few players do these days. Celina played some lovely touches.

But both imo overshadowed by Zinchenko for PSV, albeit he was playing v a poor side.

If I'd never seen him before, then after the last two times I'd be saying 'we have to sign this kid'.

I didn't see Silva at that age, but I very much doubt he was better, & Zinchenko has the advantage of being able to deliver a ball, shoot & take corners.

I will be surprised if he's not a regular in our team next season, if he keeps up that level anyhow.
Cheers Nev,hugely encouraging,especially in Unals case given our need for a striker with a differing skill set.

Cheers Nev,hugely encouraging,especially in Unals case given our need for a striker with a differing skill set.

At this point I question whether we as a fanbase have the patience to undergo the transition. Pep is under a fair amount of pressure right now while big name stars are failing him, imagine the uproar if he were to do what he did at Barca and start losing matches because he sat Aguero and Silva in favor of Unal and Zinchenko (who would need time to bed)

He's a strange player but he comes alive in the box.

He's got 'something' irrespective of his goals.

Whether it's a Premier League 'something' we will have to see. If it is, then as you say, he's totally different.

Thanks for the updates.

Pretty sure Tim Vickery said Marlos Moreno was better than Gabriel Jesus, before they both signed for us. Be interesting to see how each develops with City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.